Hypoland

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
This has been one of the hottest days this year, 30c and I have had so many hypo's today, even though Insulin doses have been very low. I was at the beach today and have just returned home, but the heat here feels so much hotter. How have you coped with hypo's on this unbelievably hot day ?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I’ve been on small doses today as well but diabetes is still rioting. So I’ve spent the last few hours force feeding and drinking and of course lots of testing. My only mistake was Fiasp kicked in way sooner than I expected while I was cooking and from there onwards it was a war against hypos.
I hope you are okay, I can say I feel a bit groggy and sleepy.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, it's been a hot one. Lowered my basal dose by 1u, but still had a few..
I can't even blame Novorapid for being on board. For the most part.

I'm lucky in one respect, I can just treat & keep going..

In the last hour It's become a little overcast in my location & the wind has picked up. Quite nice now.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I spent the morning at the gym in the cold air conditioning.
I didn't inject insulin before my meals as normal, just ate and waited until my blood sugars rose above 6 mmol/l as they were starting from a rather alarming, unusual 3.9 mmol/l. Cheers, I hadn't considered the effect of the change in the weather.

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yep, it's been a hot one. Lowered my basal dose by 1u, but still had a few..
I can't even blame Novorapid for being on board. For the most part.

I'm lucky in one respect, I can just treat & keep going..

In the last hour It's become a little overcast in my location & the wind has picked up. Quite nice now.

I treated quite a few times and kept going too.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hello, I’ve been on small doses today as well but diabetes is still rioting. So I’ve spent the last few hours force feeding and drinking and of course lots of testing. My only mistake was Fiasp kicked in way sooner than I expected while I was cooking and from there onwards it was a war against hypos.
I hope you are okay, I can say I feel a bit groggy and sleepy.

Hopefully the battle of the hypo's will be over for today, cooler tomorrow at 23c :) I hope you start to feel better soon.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have to agree it has been hot and it has had an affect on BS.
Every time Dexcom has bleeped 3 times I’ve hit the “ naughty “ cupboard for a biscuit or few jelly babies.
Luckily I’ve only done two meals today. Full English this morning and Ham salad this evening so not feeling to guilty about the hypo snacks.
Also got a few chores done around the house , so in the grand scheme of things....not a bad day.:)

Gaffer type 1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Food lol
Had one about half an hr ago,,3.5 feeling cushty now 4.6 creeping up, had 200ml O.J.,, 2 lotus biscuits and having a cuppa with 1 sugar strong but milky..
This has been one of the hottest days this year, 30c and I have had so many hypo's today, even though Insulin doses have been very low. I was at the beach today and have just returned home, but the heat here feels so much hotter. How have you coped with hypo's on this unbelievably hot day ?

Cobia

Type of diabetes
LADA

Here 30 issnt that bad but id never handle your winter either....

If it was me id reduce the basle..... hard going from cold to hot. Here can go from 15-20 c to 40 c in 24 hrs.

Spring is usally the hardest time of the year here....

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Here 30 issnt that bad but id never handle your winter either....

If it was me id reduce the basle..... hard going from cold to hot. Here can go from 15-20 c to 40 c in 24 hrs.

Spring is usally the hardest time of the year here....

Insulin ( Novorapid ) was reduced quite a lot, where in the world are you ?