Game to get to know each other

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Crosswords. In theory they are helping to keep my brain active (LOL). (I also enjoy cross stitch when I have the time).
Do you prefer proper handkerchiefs or paper tissues?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Neither. I'm more a back of my hand or sleeve type of person. TP when necessary. And I lick my fingers after eating. Unless I have a really bad snotty cold, then I use an old t-shirt which is softer on the sore nose and easier to find in bed.

Cuddling 11 kittens or 11 puppies?

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Both--( not all at the same time)---but if I had to choose it would be puppies.

Tent, caravan or hotel for a short break away?

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
Hotel. Boutique hotels are amazing. Stayed in one called The Z Hotel in London & it was great.

Movie marathon OR tv show binge?
Neither I hate sitting down for a long time.

Would your rather be a skunk or a horned lizard?

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
A skunk as I would be able to create a stink around the people I dislike.

What would you like to have been in a past life

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To revive this thread:----

I would like to have been a colleague/ assistant of the pioneers of medicine such as Lister, Jenner, Salk, Fleming etc. whose discoveries and developments have saved the lives and sufferings of many.

What is your favourite Spring flower and why?

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
mustart plant flowers
because they are plentiful where I live[ northern Israel] and contribute a vibrant aspect to all the lush vegetation in my surrounds. The the long hot summer soon arrives and shrivels everything.

What is your favourite natural scenery and why

Reactions: dogslife

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The ocean.
Because it is wild and peaceful, wide and open with no buildings cluttering it up, and it invites me to swim or travel.

Reactions: dogslife and Pasha

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Either something with a good beat to dance / tap your feet to or a calming classical tune to relax to.

Savoury or sweet treats?

Reactions: SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have recently been re-reading Doreen Tovey's wonderful books about life with her Siamese cats in the English countryside.

What is your idea of the perfect holiday/vacation?

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
In my younger days I enjoyed flying to places where I could explore new cultures and historical architecture. These days I love to be surrounded by nature/ fresh air & birdsong either in woodlands or near the ocean. :happy:

What is your favourite pastime/ hobby?

Reactions: Pasha

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Walking in nature but with varied crops being grown there. ex this morning I passed by lemon trees, wheat fields,vineyards, olive and grapefruit groves, date palms ,avocardo trees. and not so nice tomato hot houses.All this is quite close to the Jordan river. Soon snake tracks will appear as temperatures rise rapidly. Often do this whilst listening to operas, no traffic to spoil the fidelity of the soundtracks.

Simple pleasures

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Walking in nature but with varied crops being grown there. ex this morning I passed by lemon trees, wheat fields,vineyards, olive and grapefruit groves, date palms ,avocardo trees. and not so nice tomato hot houses.All this is quite close to the Jordan river. Soon snake tracks will appear as temperatures rise rapidly. Often do this whilst listening to operas, no traffic to spoil the fidelity of the soundtracks.

Simple pleasures
Sounds delightful. Simple pleasures are the best@Pasha.:)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Like walking in the rain, which I love doing and was able to do today. :)

Lake, or ocean?

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ocean as long as I'm on dry land watching it and not sailing on it. Fascinating to watch and listen to its changes. Also enjoy walking along the shore paddling in the shallows and breathing in the fresh sea air. :happy:

Large gatherings/ parties or quiet catch-ups with a few good friends?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quiet catchups with one or maybe two friends. This way I can enjoy the conversation without its being constantly interrupted by a 3rd, or a 4th, etc., person. What would be really good would be to be with these friends by the ocean, lots of just watching and listening to the sea, interspersed with an occasional swim in it.

If you're new to your local library and can check out only two books the first time, would you get two from the New Bestsellers shelf, or two old favorites you haven't read in awhile?

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I haven't borrowed from a library for many years and then they were research/ non-fiction books to do with dissertations I was writing. My husband is an avid reader of fiction books so I tend to read those. I also have old books that I had as school prizes that I still haven't read. In answer to your question I would probably borrow 2 old favourites that I read years ago when studying English Literature but read them for pleasure instead of analysing them.

What is your favourite mode of travel?