What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nowhere near as hot today here but a pleasant summer day with a breeze. B=tea early then some raclette. Hungry mid morning so had 3 or 4 tsps of hummus + couple of cherry toms. Lunch was 2 xtra large flaxssed crackers, buttered + h/g eggs and h/m egg mayo. Mid afernoon had some cheddar and 2 slices emmental. Evening meal was Fage 0 % yogurt, 10 cal jelly and a row of G and B orange and almond chocolate. Very simple and ideal for a day watching cricket. Hope this finds you as it leaves me.

Last edited:

Viv19

Granddaughter in Sweden picking blueberries with her very patient pony.
907df20a-1c0d-4da7-9aa3-095617a56682.jpg
6cca3f7a-5fde-48bc-9c7e-401a63b9342e.jpg
f704129c-1993-445c-9420-b571254b597f.jpg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.7 FBG 6.2. Apart from taking boys to last swimming session for the holidays and shopping it's been a peaceful day. Was glad to get a rest and a little lie in but tomorrow I am grandson free. Last swimming session before holidays was a fun session so very enjoyable for them all. When I got back son wanted shopping too and they'd closed a section of the road that connects us so I had to take a round about route.
B. TAG with ADOC. Not a lot in the fridge so 2 baby bel.
L. Nothing
D. Usual campari and soda. I really enjoyed the burrata yesterday so I got one when out and had it with pickled red peppers and sliced tomato.
Peri peri spatchcock with chorizo and peppers, green veg medley and something new to me - roasted radish which were surprisingly good. Trim and half each radish, toss in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and rosemary and Thyme. Spread on a baking tray and cook for around 30 mins at fan 180c. Take out and sprinkle with parmesan and parsley. Return to the oven until the cheese melts then serve.
I have no hangover. Price of drinks at the wedding was enough to put me off (and I wasn't the only one). 2 simple drinks - 1 vodka and lemonade and one brandy and ginger ale. - cost? £22.50! I'm not mean but that is way over the top.
@PenguinMum - I'm with you. It has to be creamy scrambled egg. Hubby likes his bone dry - yuk! I add a little double cream to mine as well.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all tried sitting in garden again this evening but ended up cold so now indoors!
Breakfast sausage, bacon and egg
Lunch one chicken drumstick followed by coffee with cream and two 100% hotel choc buttons
Dinner steak, asparagus and mushroom sauce with glass of red wine followed by four home grown strawberries with some lemon mousse and spoon cream and yoghurt
The strawberries this year are amazing really enjoying them and I seem able to tolerate them - they taste very very sweet to me but others in family say they aren’t so maybe that’s why! My raspberries never crop until later they are just starting to form the fruit but something to look forward to.

KateBaggins81

Today I managed 2 meals which is a miracle!! Recently it’s been 1

Brunch: Sandwich, crisps & profiterole sundae (mum’s treat)

Dinner: Ham & bell pepper sandwiches, crisps & the new muller creations yogurt

Reactions: Viv19
D

Deleted member 308541

A lot of carbs amongst that lot, it's not really a low carb diet menu.

At the time of posting this, the OP has not filled her profile in, as in another post she may be T1.

Viv19

Bed 5.7 FBG 6.2. Apart from taking boys to last swimming session for the holidays and shopping it's been a peaceful day. Was glad to get a rest and a little lie in but tomorrow I am grandson free. Last swimming session before holidays was a fun session so very enjoyable for them all. When I got back son wanted shopping too and they'd closed a section of the road that connects us so I had to take a round about route.
B. TAG with ADOC. Not a lot in the fridge so 2 baby bel.
L. Nothing
D. Usual campari and soda. I really enjoyed the burrata yesterday so I got one when out and had it with pickled red peppers and sliced tomato.
Peri peri spatchcock with chorizo and peppers, green veg medley and something new to me - roasted radish which were surprisingly good. Trim and half each radish, toss in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and rosemary and Thyme. Spread on a baking tray and cook for around 30 mins at fan 180c. Take out and sprinkle with parmesan and parsley. Return to the oven until the cheese melts then serve.
I have no hangover. Price of drinks at the wedding was enough to put me off (and I wasn't the only one). 2 simple drinks - 1 vodka and lemonade and one brandy and ginger ale. - cost? £22.50! I'm not mean but that is way over the top.
@PenguinMum - I'm with you. It has to be creamy scrambled egg. Hubby likes his bone dry - yuk! I add a little double cream to mine as well.

Good heavens - that is an incredible price for drinks.
I can’t eat sloppy scrambled eggs either. Several years of collecting eggs from caged hens as a child, at the stables where I rode, put me off eggs completely. When I did start eating them again, it was only possible if they were very well cooked through. So hard boiled eggs/well cooked scrambled eggs/fried eggs easy over.
Are you talking about roasting the long white radishes?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Spent most of the day travelling back down to Cornwall with Dennis. Successfully introduced him to daughter’s Great Dane ( put a very cute photo of the event on the full chat fbg thread if anyone wants to go ‘awww’!)
NE1 accidentally ate 2 slices mortadella while getting ready for the journey
NE2 packed lunch en route. Flaxseed bun filled with chicken and mayo. Few pecan nuts.
NE3: 2 glasses champagne Mr C had bought to welcome us back, what a star! Cheese omelette and about 15g 100% chocolate.
I’d like full membership of the club for people whose OHs don’t go to the docs when they should. I’m not going into details as this is a food thread and it’d put you off your dinner, suffice to say it was gross but it wouldn’t have been if he’d got it seen to earlier!!
Beautiful photos @Viv19
@maglil55 the wedding food sounds like a winner, and how lovely of them to do you a special dessert.
@PenguinMum I agree about dry scrambled eggs. My eldest has them so well done they’re rubbery.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

This is the low carb diet forum, many of us here don’t eat sandwiches or profiteroles !

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: roast chicken, one small roast potato, mixed veg and gravy thickened with flax, followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: caramel phd bar and black coffee.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake :happy:

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Cheese on toast (Danish blue melted on Herman Brot bread crusts ).
Dinner: Corned silverside, spudlites cooked in the corn meat water.
Breakfast: Cheese and mushroom omelette, fatty bacon, tomato, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar / sweeteners, water.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good heavens - that is an incredible price for drinks.
I can’t eat sloppy scrambled eggs either. Several years of collecting eggs from caged hens as a child, at the stables where I rode, put me off eggs completely. When I did start eating them again, it was only possible if they were very well cooked through. So hard boiled eggs/well cooked scrambled eggs/fried eggs easy over.
Are you talking about roasting the long white radishes?
Nope, the little red round radish (although I'm planning on getting the harlequin ones in Morrisons if they get them in again). They were as I said surprisingly good. Almost potato like. What was odd was they dont taste like radish when roasted.
It was a scary price for drinks. I'd had enough wine so I just drank water but Hubby kept asking if I wanted a drink - got fed up saying no. I noticed very few people were buying drink. It's really silly. Lower their prices a bit and people would buy. As it was very little was spent. It wasn't even the craft brands - plain old Smirnoff and Hennessy.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My fault apologies

No worries! It is an easy enough thing to do!

And i’m glad you are back eating again, I have seen your other posts and know that the last few days haven’t been easy for you.

There are several different food threads, some for carbers and some for low carbers and some tracking blood glucose with food, so you should find one that suits you. :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday.
Up and out carping the diem - not quite as Horace would have put it, unless he was a cockney.

Anyhow.
1400 some antipasto, wine and sparkling water with Alan Fresco.
Dinner - a peeled pork pie salad - a sort of naked ploughman’s salad with some quick home made pickle.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nope, the little red round radish (although I'm planning on getting the harlequin ones in Morrisons if they get them in again). They were as I said surprisingly good. Almost potato like. What was odd was they dont taste like radish when roasted.
It was a scary price for drinks. I'd had enough wine so I just drank water but Hubby kept asking if I wanted a drink - got fed up saying no. I noticed very few people were buying drink. It's really silly. Lower their prices a bit and people would buy. As it was very little was spent. It wasn't even the craft brands - plain old Smirnoff and Hennessy.
We have added radish into the roast veg mix and we also found the taste unradishy. Interesting things seem to happen when one roasts veggies. I find beetroot and tomatoes ends up making a sauce I really like when roasted - olive oil helps. One of few sauces or subs for gravy I can live with.

Viv19

I’ve always been told that (in Germany at least) more profit is to be made with the drinks than on the food. So they were being very short-sighted putting their prices so high. A wedding is an event where people are generally happy to celebrate- with some drinks, or two or three ....
Ah, I will try roasting the little red devils! That should be an interesting different flavour.