Dawn phenomenon

IZ THE LEG END

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
Hi I recently started using the freestyle libre last week I’ve noticed an interesting trend in my bg levels from about 2am no matter what I rise to around 15 mmol

I’m curious as to how everyone else combats this I’m on manual adjustment for dosing also... levemir BASAL
Novo rapid BOLUS

Thanks Izzy

Reactions: Dearbhla

IZ THE LEG END

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
Do you split your Levemir?

Yes 10 and 10

10 when I wake and 10 before bed

IMG_5849.jpg

Reactions: Dearbhla

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Before I got my pump and was on Lantus and Novorapid injections, I had to set an alarm for around 3am to take a dose of Novorapid in order to deal with this - was the only way around it, sadly. Now I’ve set my pump to give me the extra I need at that time.

IZ THE LEG END

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
Before I got my pump and was on Lantus and Novorapid injections, I had to set an alarm for around 3am to take a dose of Novorapid in order to deal with this - was the only way around it, sadly. Now I’ve set my pump to give me the extra I need at that time.

I suggested this today to my dietician and they dismissed it... hopefully it’s good ammo for the pump as my control the rest of the day is reasonable

Fingers crossed but I may set the alarm still and give it a small correction

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I suggested this today to my dietician and they dismissed it... hopefully it’s good ammo for the pump as my control the rest of the day is reasonable

Fingers crossed but I may set the alarm still and give it a small correction
It was my own dietician that suggested it, but she thought it was too much to ask of people to actually do it :rolleyes:

Reactions: IZ THE LEG END

Dearbhla

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Do you have low blood sugars earlier in the day? You're round 5 at noon and are you round 4 or lower at 12 midnight?
What exercise are you doing in the mornings?
Do you eat a heavy evening meal? If you cut back there?
Can you take 1 unit of novorapid just before bed, instead of a 3am novorapid?