Hi I’m Kate

KateBaggins81

Hi all

I’m Kate, 38 this year. I live in Worcestershire with my kitty Joey.

I’ve been diabetic since 2010 when I was admitted to hospital in a coma. It’s been very badly managed but I’m finally getting on top of it with the new Libra system.

My favourite actor is Martin Freeman who I met in Feb this year

I craft for a living.

Diabetes is not my only health issue

Hope to get to chat to everyone soon

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Liam1955

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Hi Kate, Welcome. I've been diabetic for two years, though I fought the entire diagnosis with tooth and nail, and I have just accepted that I need insulin. Although I am managing it, it's to an obsessive level, and although I'm no longer running at 1 am to reduce my blood sugar levels now that I'm taking insulin, it's something I can't see past, so and I'm hoping to find a life balance again. And soon.

Reactions: Prem51

KateBaggins81

Hi Kate, Welcome. I've been diabetic for two years, though I fought the entire diagnosis with tooth and nail, and I have just accepted that I need insulin. Although I am managing it, it's to an obsessive level, and although I'm no longer running at 1 am to reduce my blood sugar levels now that I'm taking insulin, it's something I can't see past, so and I'm hoping to find a life balance again. And soon.

I didn’t like the diagnosis either. Mainly because i was like NOT ANOTHER HEALTH issue to add to my list

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, @KateBaggins81 , there's a lot of enthusiastic libre users here!

It's got a few quirks which take a few months to get used to, but once you figure those out, the general message is that lets you start co-operating with moving bg instead of fighting it and that makes a huge difference in how we look at it.

Couple of books on kindle which are worth a look at for using libre well:

Sugar Surfing, Stephen Ponder.

Beyond Fingersticks, William Lee Dubois.

A lot of us are also putting a transmitter called MiaoMiao

www.miaomiao.cool

on top of the sensor which sends readings every 5 mins to an android app

xDrip+ https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/releases

so that we get full on hypo alerts and can calibrate it to increase accuracy - it takes libre to a whole new level, and basically makes T1 a lot nicer.

KateBaggins81

Hi, @KateBaggins81 , there's a lot of enthusiastic libre users here!

It's got a few quirks which take a few months to get used to, but once you figure those out, the general message is that lets you start co-operating with moving bg instead of fighting it and that makes a huge difference in how we look at it.

Couple of books on kindle which are worth a look at for using libre well:

Sugar Surfing, Stephen Ponder.

Beyond Fingersticks, William Lee Dubois.

A lot of us are also putting a transmitter called MiaoMiao

www.miaomiao.cool

on top of the sensor which sends readings every 5 mins to an android app

xDrip+ https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/releases

so that we get full on hypo alerts and can calibrate it to increase accuracy - it takes libre to a whole new level, and basically makes T1 a lot nicer.

Is Miao Miao available for the iphone too or is it just android?

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Is Miao Miao available for the iphone too or is it just android?

Miaomiao has its own app Tomato which runs on iphone but it's very basic. There's also Spike, see link below, but that's had a few issues recently with Apple withdrawing certificates for it which means you have to renew the certificate each week or so. They're trying to develop workarounds. Tagging @Mel dCP as she's more up to speed with that side of things.

https://spike-app.com/

Severe_Needle_phobia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Been told lies , fake people
Hi all

I’m Kate, 38 this year. I live in Worcestershire with my kitty Joey.

I’ve been diabetic since 2010 when I was admitted to hospital in a coma. It’s been very badly managed but I’m finally getting on top of it with the new Libra system.

My favourite actor is Martin Freeman who I met in Feb this year

I craft for a living.

Diabetes is not my only health issue

Hope to get to chat to everyone soon

Edited by Mod
Hi @KateBaggins81
Warm welcome to the forum.