Burning Feet

Yellredder

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Since this episode of glorious weather, I've developed really uncomfortable burning feet. Never had anything like this before. Dr Google says it could be due to Diabetes - just wondering if this is really likely considering I'm pre-D, was only briefly in the Diabetic range with a HBA1C of 48 and have never previously had any symptoms? Or is it maybe just one of those things that happen when you reach 50?!

Yellredder

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that @Dark Horse - I shall have a read later! Am not planning on going to the GP as yet as it's only in these past few days it's been doing this. Not so bad last night but I had some socks on before bed with cream in to soften my feet so that could have cooled them somewhat!

Reactions: Dark Horse

Caprock94

Since this episode of glorious weather, I've developed really uncomfortable burning feet. Never had anything like this before. Dr Google says it could be due to Diabetes - just wondering if this is really likely considering I'm pre-D, was only briefly in the Diabetic range with a HBA1C of 48 and have never previously had any symptoms? Or is it maybe just one of those things that happen when you reach 50?!

I didn't have any symptoms upon diagnosis. 6 weeks later after lowering BG levels I started having burning feet. No numbness. Pulse rate to feet is good. I don't know.

Miss.T. Morning

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
@Yellredder, my feet burn at night if I have had the smallest amount of sugar during the day ie. in a salad dressing or coffee flavour.

Yellredder

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't have any symptoms upon diagnosis. 6 weeks later after lowering BG levels I started having burning feet. No numbness. Pulse rate to feet is good. I don't know.

How odd. Going to see how it goes over the next couple of weeks. Hope both sets of burning feet cool down!

Reactions: Caprock94

Yellredder

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Caprock94 - sorry, been away on hols so only just seen this! They're absolutely fine now thanks! Obviously not weather related as I've had 15 days away in glorious sunshine and not had a problem! Although I've done so much walking that I feel that they could benefit from a pedicure now!! Good to hear yours have improved despite the odd night.

Caprock94

@Caprock94 - sorry, been away on hols so only just seen this! They're absolutely fine now thanks! Obviously not weather related as I've had 15 days away in glorious sunshine and not had a problem! Although I've done so much walking that I feel that they could benefit from a pedicure now!! Good to hear yours have improved despite the odd night.

That's great news! Did you do anything different that you think helped?

Yellredder

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Caprock94 - not that I can think of. I've been off work for three weeks so am not in my usual routine. My diet has been as low carb as possible whilst away, but I have had a couple of pastries and a handful of thin slices of baguette. I walk quite a bit anyway, but have done a lot more whilst away. I have a separate problem with one of my hips and this has also cleared up whilst away (although fully expecting that to rear its ugly head once I'm back at work!) So maybe my burning feet were just some random unrelated issue? Who knows?!