Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

CearaRed1073

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
onions, cheeseburgers, diabetes, colors of red, yellow, and orange, houston (too big and WAY too much traffic, not nearly enough public transportation)
HEMOGLOBIN A1C 6.7 % 22 April 2019 :writer:
HEMOGLOBIN A1C 7.0 % 14 January 2019 :writer:
meh...don't ask me about Halloween 2018, you WON'T like what i have to say about it...but if i didn't hate the holiday before that date, i certainly do now.

T1- D since October 1978, only complication: cataract surgery in 2008 and i haven't been hungry since 2015. :writer:

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Today HBA1C = 36 mmol/l (5.6%) on LCHF/keto diet for 5 1/2 months. Best ever with 52 1/2 years on insulin. Not perfect but getting there and with minimal hypos!!!

Last edited:

Jc3131

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My latest hba1c is 50 mmol which is 6.7%.

It's my worst one since my diagnosis 2 years ago. That was 103mmol.

I think my previous ones were 44 46 and 48. An upward trend there, mainly down to not being frightened to eat different foods.

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My latest hba1c is 50 mmol which is 6.7%.

It's my worst one since my diagnosis 2 years ago. That was 103mmol.

I think my previous ones were 44 46 and 48. An upward trend there, mainly down to not being frightened to eat different foods.
Possibly also honeymoon ending. I had results of 48/49 which are now up to 56 and I know my own insulin production is falling due to a c-peptide test.

Reactions: Jc3131

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Possibly also honeymoon ending. I had results of 48/49 which are now up to 56 and I know my own insulin production is falling due to a c-peptide test.
Well done keep up the good work( your worst if often less that some people’s best.)

Goma5

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
102 on diagnosis in April this year, 46 today! Nice to know the effort is paying off so far.

Reactions: michita

newjourney

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just back from seeing my consultant and 33 or 5.2, am thrilled. I showed him my graphs from my libre which prove not many hypos, all due to low carb.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
2 weeks ago it was 43 :):).....Totally hypo unaware and my diabetes team want me to run a bit higher for a few months to try and get some awareness back, Thats the best A1C I have had in over 30 years!

Reactions: michita

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Today HBA1C = 36 mmol/l (5.6%) on LCHF/keto diet for 5 1/2 months. Best ever with 52 1/2 years on insulin. Not perfect but getting there and with minimal hypos!!!

Snap! I am also at 36 mmol but plant based moderate carbing. Well, this was on 24th April but I forgot to post it in this thread.