First Month over

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thats my first month over on insulin. Injecting is second nature now. I’ve had a couple of times when I’ve felt shaky and wierd but my sugars are normal for me. Bit concered and I still have very little appetite.

Reactions: EllieM and Antje77

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Thanks for posting Geordie Newbie. Congratulations on more than 'just surviving' your first month. I feel encouraged. I've completed one week. I'm still reluctant to eat, would rather meal skip and the injections don't come easy.

Severe_Needle_phobia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Been told lies , fake people
Thats my first month over on insulin. Injecting is second nature now. I’ve had a couple of times when I’ve felt shaky and wierd but my sugars are normal for me. Bit concered and I still have very little appetite.
Congratulations on getting your numbers down .
I hope your appetite returns very soon .

Reactions: EllieM

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs

Well done. Hopefully as your body gets used to having enough insulin your general well being should get better and better. If you're getting hypo feelings at normal blood sugars it could just be a false hypo, (your body is used to high levels so gives you symptoms at normal but low for you levels), this should pass as your body gets used to normal blood sugars.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
You should thrive on insulin. It's what we need as type 1's to utilize the energy we eat!!!
But it took a toll when you didn't have enough, so it might take a little time to start feeling proper!

Dave Wilde

I have been diagnosed with type 1 after a severe DKA. I had the same problem re feeling shaky after a blood sugar of 70. My average is still double the normal range. I’ve been told to expect this for the first few months

Severe_Needle_phobia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Been told lies , fake people
I have been diagnosed with type 1 after a severe DKA. I had the same problem re feeling shaky after a blood sugar of 70. My average is still double the normal range. I’ve been told to expect this for the first few months
Just stopping by to wish you luck with your journey Dave .