Twice a day a lantus

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Hi, I’ve just been asked to try the above to try and get my sugars down. Has anybody had success with this. Work days I’ll be taking it around 6am and non work days it will be around 10.30am. What are everyone else’s timings?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I’ve just been asked to try the above to try and get my sugars down. Has anybody had success with this. Work days I’ll be taking it around 6am and non work days it will be around 10.30am. What are everyone else’s timings?

If you're taking it twice daily, isn't there another time too, in the evening?

I thought I recalled you already to be on insulin. Was I wrong there, or is the change the split dosing?

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Yes the change is the split dosing, bedtime dose is around the same time in the eve at about 8.30 to any time around 10 depends how tired I am

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes the change is the split dosing, bedtime dose is around the same time in the eve at about 8.30 to any time around 10 depends how tired I am

Thanks for clarifying

Paul28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The split dosage system has been far, far better for me using Lantus. Even better was my recent switch to Levemir split dosage! Best system I've ever used in 58 years of assorted treatments. Once you get the dosage right, it's far more flexible and my overnight levels are the best they've ever been. Obviously, we're all different so you just have to give it a go and see if it suits you.
Best of luck!
Paul

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am on lantus twice a day and novorapid 3 times a day and I have gotten my sugars down and that took a few days to do but I have just had to reduce the amount of lantus and novorapid as my sugars have dropped lower than normal but that I have done myself as I was told how to do years ago and it stuck with me but I am still on a big amount of insulin a day due to being insulin resistant and I am on a time that I use in the morning and night as you have to do it every 12 hours as that is how long it stays in your system and you have to do it at the same time each morning and night or else it doesn't work or it could make your sugars go higher than normal