Type 1 Reduce scarring

Tegan97

Hi all! I’m wondering if anyone knows of any products that help reduce the appearance of scars. I’ve been diabetic 12 years and on a pump for 11. I’m a bit worried how I’m going to look at 50 when my scars are so visible at age 21..

Thanks!
Tegan

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Tegan97 I don't know any products sorry, I don't think apart from plastic surgery there is much you can do, I used to use bio oil for my pregnancy stretch marks, but it didn't make any difference.

What are your scars from ?

D

Deleted Account

@Tegan97 sorry you are concerned about your scars.
However, typically, scars reduce over time. Depending on the scars and what caused them, they may not be visible by the time you are 50.
I have a surgical scar from 2 years ago which you can hardly see.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Depending on the type of scars, pure vitamin E oil can get rid of the redness. You can buy in H&B or just pierce a capsule and rub on. You can hardly see my abdominal scar now.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
He that shall live this day and see old age will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours, and say "Tomorrow is Saint Crispian"
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars and say "These wounds I had on Crispin's day."
Old men forget, yet all shall be forgot but he'll remember, with advantages, what feats he did that day.

I do like a good bit of Shakespeare - scars are nothing to fret about really - recent or faded, new or ancient - as long as they are not debilitating, which is rare these days.

Reactions: Juicyj

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I always put Bepanthen nappy cream on my cannula sites after I’ve moved my site, I’ve not noticed any scarring but I’ve only been using it a year x

Reactions: Robinredbreast
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hope the Bio Oil works for you, but I heard that Aloe Vera can help too.
Scars do fade over the years, good luck.