Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just heard from my son that my lovely old black cat Daffodil died in her sleep last night. She was 21, and I’d had her from a kitten - she was living with my ex. Sadly she was in a cattery, they’re on holiday.

A285A12D-D12C-4B85-A304-C746CB01C777.jpeg

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon friends, I went to bed pretty late yesterday sooo it sent my BG to 15.6 about 2.5 hours ago, it's on its way down now. My bf is pretty strange, he won't eat fruit unless I slice it, peel it and put it in a bowl for him. :hilarious: I didn't know what I did with my eyedrops yesterday so the itch is here. :banghead:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It has taken me 5-6 years to actually understand the Asian makeup hype for bright reds, pinks and oranges. Your girl is in for the oranges, because she loves her orange eyeshadows and coral blushes. :hilarious: I hope everyone is well! my bg is back in the green range. :) it's not sunny but somewhat humid with the clouds. :hungover:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My day is getting better and better. After an absolutely horrendous day in a classroom with no pens, paper and a coffee cup full of mould left on the desk, and another where the workbooks I needed were AWOL - just want to go home and my car won’t start. Currently baking to death waiting for the breakdown truck. Ugh.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Almost home on the truck. Despite me saying I was sure it was the starter motor or fuse for said item, man insisted on trying to make me bump start it in a small car park because I couldn’t possible know what I’m talking about due to my lack of testicules. He then decreed it to be the starter motor. The cab has no ventilation and the driver very bad BO. Kill me now. Have had to cancel my job for tomorrow but on the plus side it’s pod change day and I can get my RileyLink set up.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@SueJB have been suspecting for a while. But started to notice and log the patterns of rising levels to time insulin opened. It’s not what the manufacturers info says, but hey they are not using it.
Thanks @becca59 I'll do the same.I was getting the feeling that mine was dropping off

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Afternoon, no arm and leg job for the 22 year old Skoda. It's so lovely to have a reliable garage with honest owners. Full service, oil change, antifreeze, new filters and MOT £190. I was a very happy hedgehog

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got my bag of drugs today and the pharmacy said they couldn't order the sensors. I said that's pretty strange because surely I'm not the only type 1 in this area who is on sensors. But anyway after much needed discussion, I'll speak to my GP tomorrow about my allergies - I've developed a very dark bumpy line on my lower lash line and my nose won't stop the water works.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNN

New bits of camera kit arriving later so bit excited about that. Other then that fair dull all round.

@becca59 we live in a terrace house and the next door like to have her music not overly loud but enough so we can here it, its mainly musicals and classical which I don't mind to much but she gets to listen to all my carp of music as well which I'm sure is not to her taste :hilarious::hilarious:
When we lived in our semi our neighbour loved playing Tears for Fears as loud as possible. One day I d3cided I had enough turned my speakers around so they faced her wall, put on Bruce Springsteen’s Born to Run as loud as it would go and went outside. It did the trick and we hardly heard her music after that.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
We're into the final few days, and about to go off timetable after tomorrow... Some of them love it, some of them loathe it, I'm kind of a mixture! If I have more of the ones who love it, I can get on with the final paperwork stuff in relative peace.

It was this time of year I was originally diagnosed with T2, and it's a series of photos taken during the fun and games events which helped with the LADA diagnosis, as the clear untried for weight loss can be tracked! We wear team t-shirts for this particular week, and the year before the diagnosis had me in an XXXL T-shirt, which was tight then, but a complete tent on me the next year. That was the day I was sent to our nurses who handed me a test kit and told me to get on and test as I'd been trained to do on my then main student, who was T1, as they had been suspicious for a few weeks. Then they sent me off to the doctor after that first pre-lunch reading of 18.5.

4 years ago today my Hba1c was 144. And so it all began...

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I saw a Libre sensor in the wild for the first time!
In a restaurant on the back of an arm attached to a gentleman with his back turned to me. So naturally I pointed to it, full arm outstretched, squeeling to my friend 'Oooooh, look at that!' while doing half a happy dance in my chair.
My behaviour made one of the gentleman's companions look at me in a funny way, making me realize I probably looked pretty rude, or crazy, or perhaps both. So I thought to mend things by lifting up my arm and pointing to my own sensor with an idiot grin on my face.
The person looking at me said something to the man with the sensor, who shrugged and didn't even turn around to look at me.

Can't really blame him but it was still a bit disappointing :D:hilarious::bag:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In a restaurant on the back of an arm attached to a gentleman with his back turned to me. So naturally I pointed to it, full arm outstretched, squeeling to my friend 'Oooooh, look at that!' while doing half a happy dance in my chair.
My behaviour made one of the gentleman's companions look at me in a funny way, making me realize I probably looked pretty rude, or crazy, or perhaps both. So I thought to mend things by lifting up my arm and pointing to my own sensor with an idiot grin on my face.
The person looking at me said something to the man with the sensor, who shrugged and didn't even turn around to look at me.

That's rude, i'd be excited too, like wassssup friend?!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, I'm a happy bunny this morning with a 6.6 :happy: after another couple of hypo's yesterday. Up early and getting ready for work to the college.
Shame about the women's football last night, I'm sure they did well, so close and I forgot it was on, so I missed it :oops:!
Have a great day guys and Happy Wednesday:)

Reactions: hh1 and karen8967
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Home earlier than usual, as we got to the first house only to be told it's an Inset day at the college, so up at silly o'clock for a no run :rolleyes: I have spoken to the transport team about it :mad:!! So hope the weather stays bright so I go out and about later on :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning ... wherever you are

As well as work, I plan to complete the decorating of my bedroom today. I hoped to complete it in a weekend but now realise that was too ambitious. This became blatantly obvious when I was juggling five different paints yesterday ... and running out of paint brushes.
It will be lovely to sleep in my own bed again (after the spare single bed) but I am not looking forward to moving the double mattress back by myself. It was a challenge to get it out of the bedroom when I didn't have to worry about knocking the newly painted walls.

And diabetes? A nice 4.9 waking after a pretty flat night.

A good 4.9 :)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Happy sunny morning everyone, hope you all have all your bits still.

I was positively piggy yesterday evening, went to a friend's for supper and admire his newly fitted kitchen.
The gluttony included bread sticks and hummus
new spuds
summer pudding oozing raspberry syrup and clotted cream ice cream
Walked home, needed a bit of novo and woke this morning
brilliant
Have a wild Wednesday

Reactions: Robinredbreast

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I think that's sad. Says more about him than you Antje and if we ever meet by accident in the wild I promise I'll be as excited as you!

A much sunnier Cheshire beckons today, not sure what we're doing yet but went to Port Sunlight yesterday, fascinating and beautiful to look at. Have a good day all even if you're not lucky enough to be on holiday ;)

Reactions: Kim Possible