What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
When we had the allotments i dug out a 2 ft deep patch about 12ft x 10ft (this was back in my pre-arthritis days) and filled it with ericaceous (spelling?) compost to grow blueberries - tgis was after having killed several plants by attempting to grow them in normal allotment soil. They grew strong and beautiful in the compost, better than i could ever have expected, then they became smothered in flowers and the fruits formed and started to get swell. I carefully tended them, feeding then ericaceous feed. Stupidly I tasted one - almost perfect - but i decided to give them a good water and another 24 hours ripening.

By the time i got back to them the next day birds had eaten the lot. They did the same with my sweetcorn.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Tea for B and Georgie Best. Lemon and ginger tea after mouldy old inadequates swimming lesson. More tea then NE1 (13.30 hrs) turkey breast, avocado and blue cheese salad sprinkled with chia seeds (return of an old fave). NE2 chicken thigh marinated for 36 hrs in h/m barbeque sauce ( another old fave makes a comeback) with roast veggies (radish, mushroom, beetroot and tomato) followed by a substantial chunk of cheddar. Simple, satisfactory and hopefully nutritious to some degree. It's a start. Have a good evening.

I'm really glad you are enjoying your food a bit more. Your meals today sound lovely

I must try roasted radishes.

Reactions: zauberflote

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tea for B and Georgie Best. Lemon and ginger tea after mouldy old inadequates swimming lesson. More tea then NE1 (13.30 hrs) turkey breast, avocado and blue cheese salad sprinkled with chia seeds (return of an old fave). NE2 chicken thigh marinated for 36 hrs in h/m lc barbeque sauce ( another old fave makes a comeback) with roast veggies (radish, mushroom, beetroot and tomato) followed by a substantial chunk of cheddar. Simple, satisfactory and hopefully nutritious to some degree. It's a start. Have a good evening.
Great account of food which makes me less worried about you lol. I love the comebacks of old favourites, a bit like the 70s/80s bands making a comeback. Sleep tight.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tea for B and Georgie Best. Lemon and ginger tea after mouldy old inadequates swimming lesson. More tea then NE1 (13.30 hrs) turkey breast, avocado and blue cheese salad sprinkled with chia seeds (return of an old fave). NE2 chicken thigh marinated for 36 hrs in h/m lc barbeque sauce ( another old fave makes a comeback) with roast veggies (radish, mushroom, beetroot and tomato) followed by a substantial chunk of cheddar. Simple, satisfactory and hopefully nutritious to some degree. It's a start. Have a good evening.
Good to see you enjoying some food - good direction start with the old faves x

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Food today.

But I had the dentist this afternoon to have tooth out, so no more to eat...

Breakfast was roast beef, cheese and mayo.

cwc
Water

Before midday lunch was just beef broth.

So just water now until tomorrow.

There is a possibility of me wanting breakfast at dawn after I have taken my fbg...

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 - enjoy your evening with Dennis and the grandkids making pizzas sounds like a wonderful evening ahead for you all.
@Goonergal looks like you are having an amazing time but your photos have made me want choc ice cream - I’ve got oppo in freezer so think will be on the menu tomorrow pud for today was made already
@PenguinMum love the watercress idea need to look out for some I love watercress so sure would like it stir fried.
I did the libre sensor’s max 30mins swimming today,on my 2 x a week early morning gym and swim session, plus 5 mins in sauna and steam room and it’s still behaving - it’s due to finishsometime on Thursday so may push it a bit longer that morning!
@maglil55 blueberries sound great I love picking my fruit from garden. @Chook like you I keep picking my ripe strawberries and raspberries are starting to look more promising. Libre seems happy thankfully with the strawberries so my portions are Increasing!
@SlimLizzy pleased mr slim slowly recovering
Breakfast bacon and egg
Lunch a few sardine fillets in olive oil with some celery, three lc seeded crispbreads and a small piece of Camembert followed by coffee and small piece of choc
Dinner Spanish omelette- I fried pancetta strips and chicken with sliced radishes and mushrooms and one tomato plus seasoning untilcooked then added eggs and later cheese - wow delicious I’d recommend the radish which I cooked from raw lovely flavour and texture , served with green salad and pudding was about 6 of my strawberries served with lemon mousse and spoon yoghurt and cream.

I’m definitely going to give the cooked radishes a go too. I was reading all the radish posts late last night and I had no idea they were so versatile. I love the sound of your Spanish omelette.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you think we may be starting a radish rush?
They are amazingly easy to grow and I usually have a few in my salads. Another fave that is being returned. Re the return of the old faves, feels like the Dumbledore quote to Hermione along the lines of retracing steps. Somewhere along the way over the last 18 months I went badly off course - fortunately minimal impact on bg levels.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Food today.

cwc
Water

There is a possibility of me wanting breakfast at dawn after I have taken my fbg...

Ooh hope your mouth is ok now @gennepher. I found that having a tooth extraction was surprisingly traumatic. I’d booked to have it done in my lunch hr from work but had to take the rest of the afternoon off in the end. (but then I am a bit of a wimp.)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooh hope your mouth is ok now @gennepher. I found that having a tooth extraction was surprisingly traumatic. I’d booked to have it done in my lunch hr from work but had to take the rest of the afternoon off in the end. (but then I am a bit of a wimp.)
Still sore from the tooth extraction.
Was wobblier than I thought after, and I couldn't even write my signature! It was just squiggles ...the anaesthetic is stronger than we realise, so no, you are not a wimp!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold roast chicken with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: lemon chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: salmon fillet in hollandaise sauces with roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ladies and gentlemen keffir fermenters; how much are you making at a time, and how do you store your grains if having a pause?

Has anyone tried freezing or dehydrating them, and reviving later?

My life seems to be governed by growing bobblyclumps.

Viv19

When we had the allotments i dug out a 2 ft deep patch about 12ft x 10ft (this was back in my pre-arthritis days) and filled it with ericaceous (spelling?) compost to grow blueberries - tgis was after having killed several plants by attempting to grow them in normal allotment soil. They grew strong and beautiful in the compost, better than i could ever have expected, then they became smothered in flowers and the fruits formed and started to get swell. I carefully tended them, feeding then ericaceous feed. Stupidly I tasted one - almost perfect - but i decided to give them a good water and another 24 hours ripening.

By the time i got back to them the next day birds had eaten the lot. They did the same with my sweetcorn.

Oh dear Chook, that is a sad tale. I hadn’t thought about it but yes I suppose if they grow in forests then ericaceous soil would be necessary.
I remember being in a house with quite a few orange trees in the garden when I first married. I hadn’t had oranges in the garden before so was quite excited about it. It was very dry, no rain, so I spent several weeks watering them, watching as the fruit grew fatter and riper. Then one day I came to check them and all the oranges had gone. Rather like your hungry birds, the locals had picked all the fruit. Que sera sera.

Viv19

Food today.

cwc
Water

Oh no they took it out? So sorry, hope you feel better very soon gennepher.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry about the tooth!
Toothache deserves its own small sub-hell, doesn’t it?

Today has been odd (foodwise).

B: i keep forgetting it. Still supposed to be trying it, but I forget at least 4 x a week, which makes the whole exercise pointless. Today, I remembered it at 11am and had some prawn cocktail (bought! Boo! Hiss!)

L: ummm... forgot

D: a slice of bought (Boo! Hiss!) GF cheesecake. From the deli at the end of the road. Delish! It is mainly flavoured not-very-sweet cream cheese, since I never eat the base. Also 5 great sausages.

As I say, an odd eating day.
Lovely dog walk though. The park was beautiful in the sun and Jasmine’s recall is coming along nicely. :D