I got the HBA1C, it’s 30

charlie000

I had my blood test a week and a half ago, it came back as 30.

Initially my doctor said there’s nothing out of the ordinary, but I had to remind him of the previous number of 105 when in hospital as an inpatient.

He then told me the latest result is 30.

He wants me to repeat the test in 2-3 months time.

Any advice on what I can do about the 105 HBA1C? I

SORRY I HAVENT BEEN ONLINE. MY PHONE BROKE AND I FORGOT TO SIGN BACK IN TO THE APP!

Reactions: Yellredder

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Throw the "105" result in the bin and change your "signature".

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
I had my blood test a week and a half ago, it came back as 30.

Initially my doctor said there’s nothing out of the ordinary, but I had to remind him of the previous number of 105 when in hospital as an inpatient.

He then told me the latest result is 30.

He wants me to repeat the test in 2-3 months time.

Any advice on what I can do about the 105 HBA1C? I

SORRY I HAVENT BEEN ONLINE. MY PHONE BROKE AND I FORGOT TO SIGN BACK IN TO THE APP!
Like I do with my 114, use it as a reminder of where you've been and where you could go again but now? Be proud of yourself and keep it up! Hey no worries about not being online, these things happen.

Reactions: charlie000

charlie000

February 2019
Weight:
99KG | 217LBS | 16 Stone
HbA1C: 105

June 2019
Weight: 84.5KG | 186LBS | 13 Stone
HbA1C: 30

Current weight: 84.5KG | 186LBS | 13 Stone
Next target weight: 80KG | 176LBS | 12 Stone

A few things to note:
  • The HbA1C of 105 in February is not 100%. There is reason to believe that this was an error, because of my finger prick readings over a few months. I did regular tests for fasting, before eating and after eating.
  • I believe I was pre-diabetic, but 105 is not pre-diabetic.
  • My wake up blood glucose is never over 5.2mmol, and is usually 4.5mmol - 4.8mmol
  • My sleep blood glucose is always around 4.6mmol - 5.0mmol
  • My fasting BG is always under 4.8mmol
  • My diet consists of of real food (meat, chicken, fish and a lot of veg). I follow a Type 2 Diabetic lifestyle, and eat Low carb, with a lot of intermittent fasting, mostly OMAD. I eat when I am hungry. I have removed grains, and other high carb food from my diet. I eat a lot of Fat. I do treat myself with treats such as biscuits, but these are always small, and are no more than 10g in carbs, but usually 4g in carbs. I used to eat lot of carbs, a lot of sugar (possibly around 300g + a day, now it's no more than 25g, but usually no more than 12g). I have completely stopped sugary drinks on a regular basis. However, I will have a very small glass of Ribena, or other squash WITH A MEAL. My last sugary drink was at the start of June (about 3 small gulps) - got a free Ribena.
  • My lifestyle. I have a sedentary job, I do not move around much most days, always sat at the computer. However, I go to the gym 3 times a week minimum, and on other days, I am currently doing COUCH TO 5K, which gets me around 60 mins of cardiovascular exercise per week. I drive less, only when I need to do a lot of shopping, otherwise its on foot and public transport. At the gym I do heavy weight lifting, but decreased at the moment due to a shoulder injury. I do not smoke. I am a teetotaler.
  • I drink a lot of tea, no more milk, use cream instead, lower carb. Probably have 3 cups of tea a day. One in the morning, another with my main meal, and then one later on.
  • My current problems are: My weight (I need to lose a lot of body fat) and sleep issues. Going through a relationship breakdown.

Reactions: Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good HbA1c result @charlie000. Who knows why you got a reading of 105 in February, maybe an error in testing. But your fbgs and latest HbA1c test results are excellent. Well done on your weight loss too! :)

Reactions: OrsonKartt

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@charlie000 - Frankly, at this point, you will never, in my view, be able to ascertain if the 105 was 105 or any other number. If the 105 was in hospital, you could request a copy of your full hospital file, and there would appear there could be few, if any grounds for refusing to grant that. That would include a record of any test conducted, and the results.

Having achieved an A1c of 30, your ongoing challenge is keeping it somewhere in those healthy ranges, whilst living a decent and productive life.

That's my view in any case.

Reactions: charlie000

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
An amazing set of results. You should be extremely proud of yourself!

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mike, will change my signature. But I don’t understand will I ever know if the 105 figure was 105? Have I reversed/controlled?
Why were you in hospital? Was it because of diabetes symptoms?