CGM rash

hboyt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just having started the medtronic cgm 10 days ago and having some drama with a rash/allergic reaction. My pump seems to be fine but it's changed every 2-3 days. During the wear of the first week was fine (on back of arm) but after I took the 1st plaster off Monday it's seems to be worse now on Friday with itching and more redness. Does alcohol wipes help with this? Or do I need to try a barrier spray/wipe? I'm thinking im going to be runnimg out of areas to put the cgm if im getting this constantly! Any advice would be helpful

Attachments

• 20190628_145204_compress57.jpg
    20190628_145204_compress57.jpg
    811.7 KB · Views: 671

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Just having started the medtronic cgm 10 days ago and having some drama with a rash/allergic reaction. My pump seems to be fine but it's changed every 2-3 days. During the wear of the first week was fine (on back of arm) but after I took the 1st plaster off Monday it's seems to be worse now on Friday with itching and more redness. Does alcohol wipes help with this? Or do I need to try a barrier spray/wipe? I'm thinking im going to be runnimg out of areas to put the cgm if im getting this constantly! Any advice would be helpful

What brand is it? Dexcom? I strongly recommend that you look at face page 'Dexcom and Libre rash' and you will find many useful pointers about barriers and in the case of Libre, even removing the adhesive and replacing it with something else.

Reactions: becca59

hboyt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
What brand is it? Dexcom? I strongly recommend that you look at face page 'Dexcom and Libre rash' and you will find many useful pointers about barriers and in the case of Libre, even removing the adhesive and replacing it with something else.

It's the medtronic guardian cgm