Type 2 Cholesterol now !

Kikky

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was called in March and told I had diabetes, at 7.2. I didn't get my HbA1C as didn't know to ask until you kind folk steered me in the right direct, I also went low carb after reading this forum/site. I bought a monitor and used it regularly, carbs really spiked me. Nothing else seems to.
I've just been to my 3/4 month check up and the nurse didn't even know why I was there, and the reception hadn't booked me into a proper diabetic 20 min slot only a 10. So this time talking to this nurse (one I hadn't met before) she read my results and the HbA1C = 29 not even on the spectrum, and she said she wouldn't have even diagnosed me in the first place !
I am going to have another test in 6 months and if ok she is going to take me off the diabetic list, but surely it could have been my change of diet that's 'reversed' the reading, BUT now she says that I need to do something for my Cholesterol as that was at 7, could the high fat low carb be the culprit ? I seem to be confused each time I go :arghh: :banghead:

Thanks for reading, sorry so long xx

Reactions: Prem51
M

Member496333

I tend to ignore doctors and nurses when it comes to the business of type 2 diabetes, and if anyone mentions cholesterol, my eyes just glaze over.

All else aside, that is a fabulous Hba1c so well done.

Kikky

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I tend to ignore doctors and nurses when it comes to the business of type 2 diabetes, and if anyone mentions cholesterol, my eyes just glaze over.

All else aside, that is a fabulous Hba1c so well done.
Thanks Jim, I'm beginning to feel the same way.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. The cholesterol level is unlikely to be due to the LCHF diet. Many find that with LCHF the readings improve but the total is of little use - you need to know the individual ratios for all the lipids