Victoza

I have not long finished my second round of chemo , having had non hogkins lymphoma twice is four years. I have put on some weight, and my doctor is advising me to start Victoza. Has anyone been on it and how did it make you feel please?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have not long finished my second round of chemo , having had non hogkins lymphoma twice is four years. I have put on some weight, and my doctor is advising me to start Victoza. Has anyone been on it and how did it make you feel please?

Hi there bog_trotter2020 (great name!), I hope you're feeling recovered from your chemo. Thankfully, it's not a road I have travelled myself, but I do understand it takes it out of you.

I've not take Victoza, or any other meds for diabetes, , but if you type "Victoza Liraglutide" in the search box, you should find some past threads discussing it.

I suggest adding Liraglutide to the search criteria as they are different names for the same drug.

The search box is at the top of your screen, like here:

upload_2019-7-1_18-42-44.png

Your background in that arrea of the screen is likely to be red. I just prefer the black option. :)

Reactions: SimonCrox

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I'm on victoza, been on it since April 1st. I haven't lost any weight on it though. I've been ok with it, not had any side affects. How's your bs levels?

I'm on victoza, been on it since April 1st. I haven't lost any weight on it though. I've been ok with it, not had any side affects. How's your bs levels?
Hi I had a chicken sarnie using wholemeal bread, an orange and a pack of yushoi pea crisps and two hours later my bloods were 22. I am just worried that I will get bad stomach/intestinal pain as I did when doc tried me on a different one.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I,m on victoza. Not lost any weight and have had no side effects

TrevorFisher

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
About 5 years ago I was put on Victoria, as a way to not go on insulin.
I couldn’t cope with the side effects.

I did loose about a stone, but the constant bloated feeling was horrible.
I came off it and had to go onto insulin instead.
I hope you fared better.

About 5 years ago I was put on Victoria, as a way to not go on insulin.
I couldn’t cope with the side effects.

I did loose about a stone, but the constant bloated feeling was horrible.
I came off it and had to go onto insulin instead.
I hope you fared better.
Hi
Thank you for replying.. I don't think it is working for me, no difference to my bloods .