Freestyle Libre Patches available from Superdrug Pharmacy - £35

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
LittleGreyCat, the Superdrug oline store locator allows you to filter by services, including pharmacy.

If you look back, my original point was that the store locator was not working on my phone or PC.

Followed by a suggestion I could Google to find the store in my town.

Followed by me saying that didn't help because......

So there appears to be a hole in my bucket.

I have got it to work on a tablet and confirmed that the nearest pharmacy is over 40 kilometers away.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi @Alexandra100
Last time I checked, the wording on the Abbott site next to the tick box is roughly that you confirm you have been diagnosed with diabetes or that you are purchasing for someone who has. So by not checking this Superdrug will be breaking the T&Cs for sale, and potentially in times of high demand this is affecting supply to diabetic people who really will benefit from seeing changes in levels.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you look back, my original point was that the store locator was not working on my phone or PC.

Followed by a suggestion I could Google to find the store in my town.

Followed by me saying that didn't help because......

So there appears to be a hole in my bucket.

I have got it to work on a tablet and confirmed that the nearest pharmacy is over 40 kilometers away.
Apologies for not checking before firing off my "helpful" suggestion. What a pain the nearest Superdrug pharmacy is so far away. I suspect in any case that things have moved on, the Superdrug prices have risen, and they may perhaps no longer be the cheapest. I'm sure I have seen posts saying that members have bought sensors from supermarkets, and then there's Boots. It shouldn't have to be so difficult as well as expensive!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tried to find a pharmacy near me but the Superdrug site is being awkward.
On this PC it just says that geolocation is not available. No GPS so why should it be?
Tried the phone and website stayed blank.

Hi,

You may have the location services on you device switched off, or limited access to your browser?
Certain apps like Facebook, maps & wot not, normaly ask permissions from the user.
Check your settings.
If you are getting a "no GPS" message? It could be the building you're in just blocking the signal?

Some websites are not formatted very well for phone browser use. However (at least on my Adroid phone.) there is an option to to get a "desktop view" of the site.

Pretty puzzling, none the less...

Hope this helps!

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Hi,

You may have the location services on you device switched off, or limited access to your browser?
Certain apps like Facebook, maps & wot not, normaly ask permissions from the user.
Check your settings.
If you are getting a "no GPS" message? It could be the building you're in just blocking the signal?

Some websites are not formatted very well for phone browser use. However (at least on my Adroid phone.) there is an option to to get a "desktop view" of the site.

Pretty puzzling, none the less...

Hope this helps!

Well, the phone is used frequently for GPS navigation so if anything it is an issue within the browser. It does pick up GPS within the house.

Location services don't really work on the PC because there is no GPS. Sensibly designed sites recognise this and allow you to input a post code. I'm not convinced that the Superdrug site is sensibly designed.

XxTinkerxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude & condescending people. I will call you out on it.
Hi @Carlton1512 ,

How are you getting on with the Libre? I notice this thread is about 9 months old?
Can the sensors still be sourced at Superdrug at that price?

I managed to get hold of a sensor the other week & popped mine on yesterday. Just giving it till this afternoon before I set up the activation side. It just so happened I had a compatable (tried & road tested.) NFC phone.
Mine was from ASDA. A little more pricey than yours. :banghead::)
I'd be interested in knowing how they are in Superdrug also.

Anyone?

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd be interested in knowing how they are in Superdrug also.

Anyone?
In my not very up-to-date experience, you can't get a Libre sensor just by walking in to a Superdrug shop. You have to ring up, or call in, and order in advance. Some Superdrug stores are more savvy about procedure than others. They have to register with Abbott before they can themselves order sensors, and in the past not all had. This led to delays. I suggest you ring up your preferred Superdrug and check availability, price, and also their requirements for giving VAT relief. Good luck!

XxTinkerxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude & condescending people. I will call you out on it.
In my not very up-to-date experience, you can't get a Libre sensor just by walking in to a Superdrug shop. You have to ring up, or call in, and order in advance. Some Superdrug stores are more savvy about procedure than others. They have to register with Abbott before they can themselves order sensors, and in the past not all had. This led to delays. I suggest you ring up your preferred Superdrug and check availability, price, and also their requirements for giving VAT relief. Good luck!
I already have it direct from abbot. They sent me a link. Was just curious to see if they were cheaper at superdrug.