Type 1 Libre sensor unsticking!!

lmsk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi looking for some advice. I've been using the libre for a few months now and so far am loving it. So far I have lost 2 sensors due to exercise and getting so sweaty the sticky stuff has failed and come away. Has anyone got anything they can recommend as I don't want this to keep happening but really need to keep exercising! TIA guys xx

D

Deleted Account

A few things have been suggested in other threads.
The ones I remember are tagaderm and vetrap.

If you use the Search function on the top right of the page, you should find the threads and other suggestions.

Reactions: Knikki and lmsk

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I use the Freestyle Libre Sensor Flexible Armband.

Reactions: lmsk

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I put Rock Tape over mine (for a different reason than it coming unstuck) but it holds the full 2 weeks and usually needs some persuasion to come off at the end of the sensor.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi looking for some advice. I've been using the libre for a few months now and so far am loving it. So far I have lost 2 sensors due to exercise and getting so sweaty the sticky stuff has failed and come away. Has anyone got anything they can recommend as I don't want this to keep happening but really need to keep exercising! TIA guys xx

lmsk - Have you been contacting Abbott when this happens?

I read on another forum today that this is not unusual at the moment, and Abbott, uncharacteristicalyy, aren't asking for sensor that have fallen off to be returned. I could speculate they maybe have a slightly dodgy batch, although some folks just do seem to have adhesion issues.

I've never had to use additional adhesives when using the Libre, but the others have suggested popular options.

lmsk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
lmsk - Have you been contacting Abbott when this happens?

I read on another forum today that this is not unusual at the moment, and Abbott, uncharacteristicalyy, aren't asking for sensor that have fallen off to be returned. I could speculate they maybe have a slightly dodgy batch, although some folks just do seem to have adhesion issues.

I've never had to use additional adhesives when using the Libre, but the others have suggested popular options.
No I haven't but I'll call them tomorrow and see what they say! Thanks B-)