Importance of filling in profile information fields fully.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How insulting. Taking a break from the forum. That is a really, really upsetting thing to say about people on here trying to find better, quicker and safer ways of helping new ones.
I'm seriously beginning to wonder whether it's actually worth the bother any more...

Robbity

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I agree Mike........We have lost too many gems along the road.........remember the Facebook fight when we stood side by side to uphold our right of choice, we lost that battle.........privacy wasn't the question then and it isn't now........for many if the only reason for offering help is for kudos then surely its the wrong reason and if frustrated then its time to stand aside.........no one who knows you would believe you're in that sect.

Thank you @satindoll ... VERY much :)

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I once suggested we get rid of the ' likes' system to stop people posting for kudos. Instead it was expanded...
I like seeing the responses to a post in the post, a measure of its value as such. A post “liked” or “agreed” or “informative” etc in large numbers holds weight perhaps.

However I agree it’s unnecessary to then count how many likes etc a poster has received individually. It achieves little positive other than perhaps indicates some level of respect of their knowledge/helpfulness etc.

So maybe I’d split the difference and retain ratings in post but not count them up by poster.