What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you arrived safe and sound. You wont notice the difference in the weather and should feel very at home.

Those tests are expensive ibtook a sharp intake of breath! But worth every penny spent if they give you answers.

Enjoy London.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 10.3

It’s gone up. I could well take it again and it could go back into the 9’s. Done that before.

I am going to start a daily spreadsheet today. Get a bit more analytical. I am not a statistical person but I want those 6’s.

Actually I worked out the spreadsheet yesterday. And what data I was going to collect. I might have to refine it a bit when I see how it goes.

I do keep a note in a book of readings and make a few little notes. But I want something I can hopefully crunch those figures with.

So this is data collection Friday. No, not bin collection, that was yesterday.

>^..^<

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning

If you own a smartphone there are plenty of apps that can help with keeping track of "diabetic" data

Regards

Pavlos
Fbg 10.3

It’s gone up. I could well take it again and it could go back into the 9’s. Done that before.

I am going to start a daily spreadsheet today. Get a bit more analytical. I am not a statistical person but I want those 6’s.

Actually I worked out the spreadsheet yesterday. And what data I was going to collect. I might have to refine it a bit when I see how it goes.

I do keep a note in a book of readings and make a few little notes. But I want something I can hopefully crunch those figures with.

So this is data collection Friday. No, not bin collection, that was yesterday.

>^..^<

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...wide awake at 04:30...first lot of washing on...breakfast ready...coffee ready then to tackle that ever mounting pile of paperwork...I sympathise with @HarrisonK and the form filling ...this paperwork has been siting there for almost ten days now...going to get started immediately...well maybe another coffee first;)...woke to a 6.6

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 and all's well
My mobile provider made me very happy yesterday with a deal I couldn't refuse. I currently get 20Gb of data for£21 inc free calls/texts. They offered 100Gb for just £4 more, which is awesome for me as I don't have to rely on the wired broadband which is rubbish. Happy days :)

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
London seems to be agreeing with my Glucose levels so far: last night's 4,9 has just been joined by a 5,1 this morning.

I have been up since 4:00 am despite not going to bet until 1:00. My body clock is still stuck in Cyprus time: 4:00 am UK time corresponds to 6:00 am Cyprus time, my usual waking up time. This always happens to me. It can get very tiring particularly when bigger timing differences are involved.

We are going to a Celine Dion concert in Hyde Park tonight. To my dismay I just found out that the concert is standing room only - standing up on the spot for long periods is not one of my strengths at the moment.

Wife already anounced she is planning to spend the day shopping for clothes, an activity I absolutely hate (I am the kind of person that sees nothing wrong with going to just one shop and buying the same shirt or pair of trousers in five different colours so that the time wasted on shopping can be kept to a minimum). Fashion is rather wasted on me I am afraid.

Still London is not short of places for me to visit so I should be fine.

Have a great day everyone.

Pavlos

Viv19

Woke before 8 to the sound of the men working on relaying the paving stones on our driveway, over the repaired water pipe. That’s speedy!
After the water company guys had left, I realised that when they’d removed the stones to get at the pipe, they’d simply thrown them on top of my lavender bushes. So the bush at the end is still healthy and looking good, the other 3 are squashed and flat. Just as well I didn’t see it. In case we have another burst pipe. I was very angry and might have alienated them for ‘the next event.’
Today I get an injection of happiness in the form of a foster dog arriving to stay for 4 months. I’ll see whether this affects my bg!
This morning if was 6.5 which is a definite improvement on the figures of the past week. Aiming now for the 5s.
Having my eyes checked at the end of the month- Dr Happy will demand to know what my bg is.
Time for a cuppa.

MisplacedIdentity

Morning everyone!
I'm wide awake and my reading is a bit higher than usual at 7.3 but that's probably because I've only slept for 6 hours and had cider last night.

I had a lovely walk along the beach yesterday evening, I had forgotten that the beach was pebbles not sand so might take a drive further round the island to find sand later in the week.
IMG_20190704_174449.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@pavlosn that's exactly what my husband feels about shopping. Envious about the Celine Dion concert - but not the standing room only. Hope your tests give you the answers - it sounds as though they are really extensive tests.

@Bubbsie hope the paperwork goes well today. I have a paperwork day today as end of year accounts are looming.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wispa rode her Vispa
to play tennis with Dennis
who lobbed lobs at Bobs
which made Daisy crazy
which Churchill took ill
enough to harry Harry
for being a bit Plumpy
and a bit grumpy
and barking at Popeye,
"Stop! I say, cat! Did
you see Sid
and Trixie?"
While down in Dixie
the KittenCat sat
and said "Enough of that!"
That's brilliant!!

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all from a overcast North, well guess what? It's only bloomin Friday!! A full programme of drinking, partying till the wee small hours, eating like it's going out of fashion and lying in until afternoon, and most of all Enjoying myself!! Now doesn't that sound like a weekend of dreams? The stuff of legends? Didn't we all used to do this?? but alas we all have to stop doing this because we have to adult, and how boring has it made us?? I have a weekend of grass cutting, weeding and gate fixing, as well as taking the Gruesome Twosome (Trixie and Sid) out for walks, but I may make it a walk to the pub for a shandy! Anyway the meter of doom threw a 7.9 at me , Narrowly missing my head, and sat there seething until I have to poke it again in two hours, and then take my life in my hands again asking it to read to me.
Have a great weekend everyone and above all enjoy it whatever you are doing life's for living not existing, enjoy it.

Take care everyone.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I get an injection of happiness in the form of a foster dog arriving to stay for 4 months. I’ll see whether this affects my bg
What a lovely thing to do for a poor doggie that hasn't got a home.

My 13 year Labrador's paw was fine this morning and he was actually walking faster than me on his walk. He is a rescue dog and had been kept in a crate for his first 10 months. He was so grateful to be rescued - and has turned out to be one of the best dogs we have ever owned.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.7 this fine morning.
@SaskiaKC love the poem,it is brilliant, all our besties got a mention.
@Goacher hug for the low. Hope you are better now.
@pavlosn have a great time in London. Any seated concert I have ever been to nobody uses them and everyone is on their feet. The sales are on top form atm so your wife might need your help carrying everything lol.
@Viv19 cant believe they destroyed your lavenders, you should complain.
@gennepher hope you and Popeye have a relaxing day in the shed.
Have a great Friday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
London seems to be agreeing with my Glucose levels so far: last night's 4,9 has just been joined by a 5,1 this morning.

I have been up since 4:00 am despite not going to bet until 1:00. My body clock is still stuck in Cyprus time: 4:00 am UK time corresponds to 6:00 am Cyprus time, my usual waking up time. This always happens to me. It can get very tiring particularly when bigger timing differences are involved.

We are going to a Celine Dion concert in Hyde Park tonight. To my dismay I just found out that the concert is standing room only - standing up on the spot for long periods is not one of my strengths at the moment.

Wife already anounced she is planning to spend the day shopping for clothes, an activity I absolutely hate (I am the kind of person that sees nothing wrong with going to just one shop and buying the same shirt or pair of trousers in five different colours so that the time wasted on shopping can be kept to a minimum). Fashion is rather wasted on me I am afraid.

Still London is not short of places for me to visit so I should be fine.

Have a great day everyone.

Pavlos

Lots of nice pubs still in central London to explore while wife is shopping.