Latest result

Diabetesdave1

Hi I was diagnosed with diabetes type 2 end of February my hba1c was 8.6 at the time I mentioned to the Dr I didn’t want to go on meds.
I felt with my lifestyle at the time I had a lot of things I could do to improve it.I was fairly strict for two months and then went on holiday to Vietnam ,while over here I got a hba1c test to see how much I had improved the result was 6.1 .I have been over here now two months watching what I eat and just had another test bringing me down to 5.7 .Hopefully the tests are as accurate as they are in uk which means iv just sneaked into the thirty’s club correct me if I’m wrong .

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I was diagnosed with diabetes type 2 end of February my hba1c was 8.6 at the time I mentioned to the Dr I didn’t want to go on meds.
I felt with my lifestyle at the time I had a lot of things I could do to improve it.I was fairly strict for two months and then went on holiday to Vietnam ,while over here I got a hba1c test to see how much I had improved the result was 6.1 .I have been over here now two months watching what I eat and just had another test bringing me down to 5.7 .Hopefully the tests are as accurate as they are in uk which means iv just sneaked into the thirty’s club correct me if I’m wrong .
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/hba1c-units-converter.html

You sure have sir welcome to 38.8 mmol/m well done!

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Not being able to eat pavlova any more
Wow that's great! Well done. How did you do it?

Reactions: Prem51

Diabetesdave1

I just cut out the carbs /sugar no fast food for first two months .I was losing about 1 pound a week first two months also did the 5:2 for a few weeks .In Vietnam it was a little harder because I enjoy the beer and food but I regulated myself and most importantly I checked my blood levels with a meter after most meals .If numbers went to high I wouldn’t eat it again .i also joint a gym over here and did a bit of exercise but I never went crazy.This is what most people follow it works just need to be patient and it all comes together.My problem is going to be maintaining it but let us see

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I just cut out the carbs /sugar no fast food for first two months .I was losing about 1 pound a week first two months also did the 5:2 for a few weeks .In Vietnam it was a little harder because I enjoy the beer and food but I regulated myself and most importantly I checked my blood levels with a meter after most meals .If numbers went to high I wouldn’t eat it again .i also joint a gym over here and did a bit of exercise but I never went crazy.This is what most people follow it works just need to be patient and it all comes together.My problem is going to be maintaining it but let us see
That way also worked for me. I did the same as you, checked out how others were doing it (controlling bs) and what stood out was low carb. Gave it a whirl. Never looked back. You really have done so well. Under quite challenging circumstances it seems. Well done and thanks for sharing.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations on your achievements getting your hbaca1 down to 30s in quite a short space of time. It’s especially hard to keep going when you are out of your routine on holiday so that’s an extra good result well done you.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!

Jmark

Congratulation for your achievement well done. Looking at your experience, wonder if u can help me please. I am newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes, on my third day taking medication which I was reluctant to take.I am determined to reverse my diabetese through the diet but so far I am confused about the breakfast to take etc. Is there any place, organisation or good web site to go to for diet advice?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Welcome to the forum @Jmark. You should start a new thread in the 'Newly Diagnosed' section to ask for advice as you will get more replies.