Mood and T2

Flamingo74

Hi,

I’m T2 diagnosed in April with Hba1c of 106 and px’d metformin 500mg x 1 daily. Average blood glucose now around 6 and have lost nearly two stone through intermittent fasting and low carb.

I am swimming over a mile at least three times a week. On the days I don’t swim I am finding my mood to be quite anxious and low to the point where my concentration is affected. Today work has been a struggle.

It’s been suggested this is because of the low carb diet and when I don’t exercise less endorphins are released. I just wondered what other peoples experiences were.

Could this be blood glucose related? I guess I could test more frequently when my mood is low - just thought of that as I typed :)

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done on your progress.

Any chance you could swim every day?

Anniya84

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Food that is killing me slowly
Maybe it's something in the air today? My blood sugars are normal (5.4) and I feel so exhausted! Had a lunchtime massage after which I felt better for like an hour and half. Back to feeling like a mother of all zombies again.

Flamingo74

Maybe it's something in the air today? My blood sugars are normal (5.4) and I feel so exhausted! Had a lunchtime massage after which I felt better for like an hour and half. Back to feeling like a mother of all zombies again.

Just tested mine and they are 5.6 - thrilled at that but mood really meh!

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A walk sounds like an excellent idea. Have not been exercising much in the last month or so because of non diabetes related health issues, but prior to that walking was my main form of exercise and a source of pleasure. I like to walk alone, early in the morning before work. It gives me a chance to gather my thoughts and have a nice transition into my day as well as listen to my music. You could make a family event out of it instead if you prefer.

I sidestepped your question a bit but to me it seems that if your mood is better when you do exercise then you owe to yourself and your family to exercise more.
Not really. Family life prevents daily. I could walk on the days I don’t swim.

Reactions: Flamingo74

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

I’m T2 diagnosed in April with Hba1c of 106 and px’d metformin 500mg x 1 daily. Average blood glucose now around 6 and have lost nearly two stone through intermittent fasting and low carb.

I am swimming over a mile at least three times a week. On the days I don’t swim I am finding my mood to be quite anxious and low to the point where my concentration is affected. Today work has been a struggle.

It’s been suggested this is because of the low carb diet and when I don’t exercise less endorphins are released. I just wondered what other peoples experiences were.

Could this be blood glucose related? I guess I could test more frequently when my mood is low - just thought of that as I typed :)
Well done for the weight loss, and gaining good blood glucose control. I get grumpy if I am not able to swim regularly.
I think it is a good idea to test and record BG and how you are feeling to see if there is a correlation.

Reactions: Flamingo74

Flamingo74

Well done for the weight loss, and gaining good blood glucose control. I get grumpy if I am not able to swim regularly.
I think it is a good idea to test and record BG and how you are feeling to see if there is a correlation.

Thanks. Will do. I don’t regularly monitor, usually now only when I have a new food that I want to test.