Type 1'stars R Us

Shellback

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations great result.

I got the same score last time. Worried it may have slipped a little though. I’ve had to attend a lot of conferences for work recently away from home which are always a challenge. Yesterdays Buffett - mini fish pies, mini cottage pies, veggies burgers so basically beans in baps, pork pies, sandwiches/ wraps, sticky toffee pudding with caramel sauce.

Glad to have some time at home now to get back on track.

At least the personalised bag of sweets in each place came in useful to ease the eventual fast drop from large quantities of novo rapid.

Hope everyone is having fun. Nearly the weekend and a lovely day in Liverpool.

Last edited:
Reactions: WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Shellback - Hi - welcome to the slightly alt thread :joyful::joyful:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Shellback Yep, there comes a point in life where all I really want is a plate of salad (and something savoury to go with), or a bowl of chopped veggies.

@helensaramay - I am as itchy as all hell. But only on my forearm, and that's cos I got my new tatt done on Wednesday and it's scabbing up nicely. But aaaaargh! I will be covering it or my other hand for sure tonight, just to make sure I don't scratch! In three or four weeks it's going to look great. At the moment, because I'm ancient, there's a fair bit of bruising. (Thank heavens for arnica cream and pills).

Can your partner not take the pills? Umm, piriton? I can't - not vegan. I do take Botanicals Wild Hayflower tablets - dunno if they do any good. Also, if I remember I use Weleda Heyfever relief oral spray. Somehow the combination of stuff I take/use works fairly well!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@WuTwo @helensaramay Sending hugs! The GP gave me antibiotics for acne but she went through the OTC drugs that are available, but majority of the drugs I have tried and the only drug left was Benadryl. I've used sodium cromoglicate last year and this season - I feel it has sucked my eye balls dry and left me more itchy. We'll need a hazmat suit of some kind :hilarious:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Nope.
He is unable to swallow any tablets, even the small hayfever ones, so, on the rare occasion he is so ill he is forced to visit the doc, they have to prescribe children's liquid medicine ... usually brightly coloured and sweet.
I do not know why this. Whether it is psychological or physical is a mystery he is unwilling to investigate.

Most tablets crush to tiny weeny flecks (fairly explosively) if placed between two teaspoon bowls which are then forced into each other, so to speak. Then the resultant powder mixed nicely with some peanut butter/jam/nutella - and spreads happily on a small piece of bread or toast. This is how my son used to manage with tablets (don't know if it's still true - he hasn't lived with us for years). Has he tried this?

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmmmmm ok. Yesterday had an Indian. Took blood before went bed 7.8
Went clothes shopping today ready for Greece holiday. Had pizza for lunch. Took reading half hour ago 7.0. All this with the insulin. I know it drops it but still should been higher reading surely. Not that I’m moaning lol

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I expect so.
He is very stubborn with his resistance to taking tablets in any form - crushed on not - unless they can be chewed or dissolved.

Oh gosh - poor bloke! Totally awkward for him!

The hug was - so to speak - for him, and his hayfever :joyful:

Reactions: Kim Possible

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

For OTC pills? possibly not. I feel I've tried everything or the majority of drugs. I'm very irritated and itchy.
I've heard a lot of people can't get their GP to prescribe something more for hay fever. I heard the drowsy hay fever drugs are under the category of sleeping pills.

Noooo - the hazmat suit!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@MeiChanski - you'd think there'd be nostril plugs we could pop in that would filter out the pollen. And eye guards - goggles, but fairly attractive - that would stop the pollen diving into eyeballs.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanski - you'd think there'd be nostril plugs we could pop in that would filter out the pollen. And eye guards - goggles, but fairly attractive - that would stop the pollen diving into eyeballs.
My best friend who also suffers awful hayfever, she was able to get the GP to prescribe the drugs for it, said are there any tampons for our noses to stop the water works? :hilarious:
Nose tampons,
Air tight googles,
face mask and we are set :hilarious:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After I got attacked by bed bites, last year, my body went a tad overboard on its histamine production resulting in a swollen cheek in time for a customer presentation (they hadn't realised guinea pigs knew so much on the subject). I was prescribed some "extra strong" anti-histamine which I had to take even after the swelling had gone to re-regulate my histamine generation.
I think it was Fexofenadine.
It didn't make me sleepy which was fine.

I also had Sodium cromoglicate eye drops but that was a short term thing and himself is finishing the vial now.
Yes my best friend didn't like fexofenadine, she preferred promethazine which makes her quite drowsy.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

My best friend who also suffers awful hayfever, she was able to get the GP to prescribe the drugs for it, said are there any tampons for our noses to stop the water works? :hilarious:
Nose tampons,
Air tight googles,
face mask and we are set :hilarious:

I used to roll tissues into small tubes and pop them into the offending nostrils at night so I didn't drench the pillowslips. I did wonder if junior tampons would work!

But yep - I think we're good to go :joyful:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to roll tissues into small tubes and pop them into the offending nostrils at night so I didn't drench the pillowslips. I did wonder if junior tampons would work!

But yep - I think we're good to go :joyful:
I also get nose bleeds mixed in with snot dribbles during hay fever season, so I understand the balled up nose tissues. :hilarious:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I heard moving countries helps with hay fever, would anyone like to go on a trip to find that country? :hilarious:

Oh yes! Whichever country isn't having pollen season sounds good. Then just move on when it starts there. Roving caravan of pollen avoiders....

Reactions: MeiChanski