What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this morning. Must have eaten something that disagreed with me or I've picked up a virus, felt awful and bloods were all over the place yesterday, still feeling a bit rough today. Hope this is only a 24/48 hour thing as I am trying to keep my bloods as low as possible (for me) as I have an Hba1c booked for 19th July.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My fasting BS was 3.7 this morning. I was wondering if it was too low to be safe?....taking Metformin (Glucophage) 1250 mg per day.

I would regard that as on the low side for me, but I know other T2s would be happy with it. Best bet, consult your health practitioner.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.8 for me this morning, completely fine with me though as I did reduce every bolus yesterday due to excitement and 3 miles walking attending the Harley Davidson in the city event, what a great day although my back is suffering today, decided we'd be big kids for once (me and my partner) so went on some rides at the funfair that's parked up for the event lol
xx

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My fasting BS was 3.7 this morning. I was wondering if it was too low to be safe?....taking Metformin (Glucophage) 1250 mg per day.
I agree with @HarrisonK that your best bet is to talk to your health practitioner as they may cut down the metformin.

I am not on insulin anymore or any meds and love getting readings the 3s. I never correct a 3 but do monitor my BS after a 3 just to check it doesn't drop into the 2s. It never does - and even without food it will climb back into the 4s and 5s - even If I am quite active.

If I was still injecting insulin - readings in the 3s could be really dangerous because injecting insulin is not an exact science and I could easily have injected too much and end up in the 2s or even lower and ended up in a coma. So I would immediately correct a 3 with glucose tablets which I carried with me all the time.

Metformin is not like insulin and doesn't drop you BS in such a dramatic way but maybe your health practitioner will want you to lower the dose.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
6.3 this morning. Must have eaten something that disagreed with me or I've picked up a virus, felt awful and bloods were all over the place yesterday, still feeling a bit rough today. Hope this is only a 24/48 hour thing as I am trying to keep my bloods as low as possible (for me) as I have an Hba1c booked for 19th July.
Hope you feel better soon

Reactions: Ryhia