Anxiety

Magoo68

I’ve just read that people with type 2 diabetes are at risk of sudden death.I suffer from anxiety and this has really scared me.Any help or info please.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Everyone is at risk from sudden death. You could get run over by a bus. There is no reason to think that type 2 diabetes makes the risk any higher. Many people have taken to eating things that don't harm them and that means the risk is even lower. It's not the diabetes that will kill you, it's the sugar. Just stop doing it.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve just read that people with type 2 diabetes are at risk of sudden death.I suffer from anxiety and this has really scared me.Any help or info please.
If a piano lands on me it'll be pretty fatal as well as sudden, but will have nothing to do with my T2. And every single diabetic I've known, who suffered complications that were lethal, well... Let's just say it was a long, dragged out process. Nothing sudden or unexpected about any of their deaths. (And it was a time where we didn't know about low carb, so their control was horrid for the years they had it.). Control your bloodsugars, and you're not dropping dead any time soon.

Magoo68

If a piano lands on me it'll be pretty fatal as well as sudden, but will have nothing to do with my T2. And every single diabetic I've known, who suffered complications that were lethal, well... Let's just say it was a long, dragged out process. Nothing sudden or unexpected about any of their deaths. (And it was a time where we didn't know about low carb, so their control was horrid for the years they had it.). Control your bloodsugars, and you're not dropping dead any time soon.
T
Everyone is at risk from sudden death. You could get run over by a bus. There is no reason to think that type 2 diabetes makes the risk any higher. Many people have taken to eating things that don't harm them and that means the risk is even lower. It's not the diabetes that will kill you, it's the sugar. Just stop doing it.
Thanks for your reply,sorry to be a bother,just a bit freaked out when I read that article.

Magoo68

Thanks for your reply,sorry but I was just a bit freaked when I read this,i’ll Watch out for pianos too ,thanks again.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
The only way I can think of that Diabetes may lead to 'sudden death' is either in the past before Low Carb benefits were known, or for those unfortunate enough to either not find a forum like this, or who despite this believe that 'reduced' , 'healthy' High Carb Low Fat is the way to go.

Those unfortunates will suffer deprivation in their diet, guilt when they fail to achieve the impossible and ultimately possible depression due to the progression of this terrible disease!
- Sudden death, yes but only for those at the end of their tether who either take the quick way out or get so careless about their life that they 'attract' a fatal accident.

So Magoo68, it is up to you, take control of your Diabetes and lose that anxiety, or don't.
The knowledge and the help is all here in this forum - there is no need to worry about sudden death, when as joKalsbeek says the long slow death is much worse!

Last edited:

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for your reply,sorry but I was just a bit freaked when I read this,i’ll Watch out for pianos too ,thanks again.
I live with anxiety. I know exactly what you're going through. So it is absolutely no bother at all. T2 is a deadly condition, if we let it be. I see you're new, so you might want to read some more comforting things: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/ is my own little hopeful message. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.26870/ is this forum's welcome-message. Another hopeful one. Because both of these posts will tell you you're going to be okay, and how you can achieve okay-ness.

You're not alone in this. Heck, when I was first diagnosed I didn't stop crying for weeks. And everything I read, and everyone I spoke to, made me feel like I had one foot in the grave already. I'm three years down the road from my diagnosis and I'm medication free, no complications, and I'm healthier now than I've been in decades. Once I knew what the problem was, I could do something about it.

You'll be fine.
Hugs,
Jo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
T

Thanks for your reply,sorry to be a bother,just a bit freaked out when I read that article.
Please don't apologise. Everything to do with health can make anyone anxious. Ask any questions that bother you since it is very likely that someone on here will know the answer.