What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all and as I am about to finish my eating for today here is the intake. Usual tea for B. NE1 (1.45 ish) flaxseed crackers (x2 mix) with butter and h/m mayo, cucumber and beetroot followed by 150 gms Fage 5% and 50 gms h/g raspberries. Ate a piece of black bomber cheddar as a snack mid afternoon. NE3 around 6.30 avocado and egg salad. Simple, not quite sure about nutritious, LC and well inside my comfort zone. I will surely become bored eventually but the basic idea of a kind of sandwich and very close to that salad is how I roll best.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all better day today sun out and got out in garden to do various needed jobs.
Breakfast sausage, bacon and egg
Lunch small portion of sardines in olive oil and celery sticks followed by tea and four hc 100% choc buttons
Dinner steak, bit of tomato and onion and mushroom sauce served with glass red wine followed by sf lemon and lime jelly and yoghurt.
Planning long hike tomorrow, if all goes to plan, in Herefordshire/welsh border country up Hergest Ridge and part of offas dyke path so will be early start. Only an hours drive from home but need fair few hours for the planned hike! Will report back ......

Viv19

Tea
Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs and a toasted LC roll. A little blue cheese
Nuts
Lunch: LC bread with peanut butter. Yoghurt and raspberries.
Evening. Mixed salad with some feta cheese, chicken schnitzel strips, coleslaw. I had a meat taste in my mouth so it I had some more raspberries with yoghurt. A glass of white.
Probably too much food today but it wasn’t too naughty.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
BS high this morning for some reason - very high last night - no idea why. So ...
Breakfast yoghurt and defrosted raspberries, tea, pills.
Next meal will be lentils and butternut squash - some time later on. Other than tea, that will be all today. Still trying to get my stomach under control from day before yesterday so co-codamol added to the usual pills. Plenty of tea and water today to keep fluid levels up.

Actually had nothing but tea until about 1800 - BS had dropped to 5.5 (hurrah) took my insulin and had my lentils and squash (small bowlful) BS now up to 8.8. As for losing weight - forget it - I am still putting weight on and have reached the dizzy heights of 17 stone now. If I was a depressed kind of person it would be depressing but I am kind of puzzled.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
06-07-19
Breakfast, 6.30ish: my own nut granola, with splash of milk. tea.
2nd breakfast: 9am: am i turning into a hobbit? Tea + 2 fried eggs.
Plan for the day, go out, so MrSlim is not fretting about the building work he is not doing. Going to look at bathroom cabinets etc, so he will feel as if some progress is being made. Into the bedroom to get jacket - discovered ant infestation. In a way pleased, as they were obviously preparing to fly, would have had bedroom, possibly house full of flying ants. Much swatting, stamping, moving of small items of furniture, hauling up floor coverings and liberal application of ant powder we are off.
Found some paint in the sale, but no cabinets.
Lunch 12ish: restaurant meal, no idea of calories etc. Apple and Smoked Salmon salad, generous portion, perhaps 1.5 cups.
Duck and orange with vegetables afterwards. Nicely cooked veg, lot of duck, hint of orange. Delicious. Glass of house white, water and bread basket. Did have a tiny piece to mop up the sauce. All for 12.5 euro each. Good value meal. Extremely filling and most of the carbs from the apple in the salad.
Edited (accidentally posted before finished)
Tried unsuccessfully to find a mole trap. MrSlim is uncomfortable so home again.
Hot. So inside on computer, something on my leg, ant. They have emerged in the bedroom, more stamping, swatting and swearing this time as there are flying ones and some get in my hair. GRrrrr It's longer than in pic now
Out to neighbours for drinks and nibbles, wine, from bearish vineyards. Nibbles all on little pieces of bread, Huh? We know he is type 2. Lot of wine little food, had cheese and bread when we got home, later tw bowls nut granola and cup of tea

I love the bit in The Hobbit about second breakfast, my family all still refer to it.
Hope you got the ant problem sorted.

Reactions: gennepher and Chook

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn’t manage to post yesterday and now I can’t remember what I ate. I’m getting very lax at record keeping. I do remember dinner at Rick Steins place on Fistral beach after Newquay carnival though. I had grilled salmon and salad and a glass of white. Sat outside and watched the sun go down over the sea while a local male voice choir were singing below us on the beach.
Today started with fried egg on a slice of smoked cheese on wilted spinach. CWC
Took Dennis to the beach for an hour - his first time, this morning,he seemed to enjoy it.
Lunch was the chopped avocado smoked salmon lemon mayo & salad courtesy of @shelley262 plus a couple of Lc seedy crackers then a few 100% buttons.
Dinner fresh salmon fillet with sesame and Parmesan crust. Mixed salad of leaves, roast broccoli, cherry Tom, avocado. SF jelly & cream afterwards. Glass of red at some point
Hope I never go off salmon, it seems to be appearing quite a lot recently.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
I love the bit in The Hobbit about second breakfast, my family all still refer to it.
Hope you got the ant problem sorted.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantsntsn are getting to be a real pest, We ( notice it took us both this time)have just spent abour 90 mins dealng with them. :meh: Please let this be the end of it :stop:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: chicken chasseur with cauli rice and mixed veg followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
I can't talk as I got very behind again. I intended to catch up yesterday but was distracted by a very large load of ironing. Not the best plan when it was so hot. Even with all the windows open I was still dripping!
how brave to even attempt ironing in hot weather

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Little boys¹ and a peri peri dipping sauce, coupla beers
Dinner: Seafood marinara, a portion of reheated pasta.
Breakfast: Usual three egg omelette, bacon, tomato.

Drinks: Black coffee, beer, water.

¹ Local name for Cheerios in Qld.

ZQ

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday.
Hotel breakfast - full English buffet - sort of hunter gathering training exercise in a safe environment with points deducted if you chose to chase down beans or worse, hash browns. Round the other side, people were being expelled for thinking that rice crispies were a paleo thing.

Dinner - at home - chicken salad made up out of this weekends left overs.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Food eaten today:

About 6am
Cashew nuts
bits of dark chocolate
black coffee

At 8:30 am
Eggs and cheese scrambled
And mushrooms and pork and liver pate
And 2 slices roast beef rolled round cheese
cwc

At 11:30 am
Strawberries and cream
Cuppa tea

Then rest of day will be water and tea and herbal teas

>^..^<

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Today...

Breakfast: bacon and eggs (boring)

Lunch: 10 cal jelly, peach flavour one

Dinner: Morrison's minty lamb ribs, dessert will be (as usual) any ripe strawberries i can find in the garden

Drinks: the usual black decaff coffee and lots of water

I'm finding food very boring at the moment. I can't be bothered to make 'complicated' (ie: more than two ingredients) meals just for me. Its not so bad at the weekends when Mr C is home for meals. I'm going to have to find a way to make food more interesting.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today...

Dinner: Morrison's minty lamb ribs, dessert will be (as usual) any ripe strawberries i can find in the garden

I'm finding food very boring at the moment. I can't be bothered to make 'complicated' (ie: more than two ingredients) meals just for me. Its not so bad at the weekends when Mr C is home for meals. I'm going to have to find a way to make food more interesting.
Hi you asked about my planned Indian t/a meal on Friday. I had 1 popadom, 5 Tandoori large prawns and Cauli Bhajee. I didnt test after but next Morning FBG was 5.3 and thats a very good result for me. Note: when I have Tandoori chicken I dont do so well, same if I have 2 popadoms!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Hi you asked about my planned Indian t/a meal on Friday. I had 1 popadom, 5 Tandoori large prawns and Cauli Bhajee. I didnt test after but next Morning FBG was 5.3 and thats a very good result for me. Note: when I have Tandoori chicken I dont do so well, same if I have 2 popadoms!

Brilliant! I'll have to see if my local Indian takeaway does the prawns and cauliflower bhajee. (I'm not a huge fan of popadoms but i do miss naan bread.). Interesting about the tandoori chicken.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast - 2 narrow slices bacon and 2 fried eggs.
Lunch - the remaining defrosted raspberries and yoghurt.
Dinner will be a sausage and veg casserole (1 sausage cut into chunks with lots of veg - enough for at least 2 days).

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Today...

I don't find food boring, but just can't be bothered to cook just for me (fed up with doing it after many years when my late husband couldn't eat and had to be fed through a tube) so I tend to go for spicy/tasty casseroles and stews which I can cook in advance and do it when I am feeling like being bothered. That's why I had so much in the freezer when it needed defrosting.