Blucon + Xdrip. + Libre

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi!
I have som questions about Blucon/Xdrip.
1) How often should I calibrate the Xdrip with bloodglucose-test?
2) When I open my phone I see my actual reading and also (right now) "Delta: + 0.2 mml/l".
Is Delta shoving any important info?
3) How close have any of You got your readings between bloodglucose/Libre/Xdrip.?
How close should I aim for to actually trust Xdrip?
/A-K

Reactions: himtoo

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi!
I have som questions about Blucon/Xdrip.
1) How often should I calibrate the Xdrip with bloodglucose-test?
2) When I open my phone I see my actual reading and also (right now) "Delta: + 0.2 mml/l".
Is Delta shoving any important info?
3) How close have any of You got your readings between bloodglucose/Libre/Xdrip.?
How close should I aim for to actually trust Xdrip?
/A-K

Hi, Anna-Karin, and welcome to the forum!

I've been using libre for about a year but only started using it with blucon and xdrip+ a couple of weeks ago, so am still figuring out all the ins and outs of xdrip+.

There's quite a few xdrip users on the site so hopefully some will pitch in with tips for us newbies to it!

Re your questions:

Delta means change in a variable, so when you see Delta followed by a +/- number it just means that your current reading has changed by that amount up or down since the last reading.

Re trusting it, it's early days for me with it, so I'm doing what I did in the early days with libre, and bg testing way more than usual to compare with the xdrip readings to get a "feel" for it. I've had some pleasant surprises - most of my libre sensors were normally running a fair bit lower than bg, like 1 below, but after calibrating it, it's often only about 0.2 or 0.3 out for long periods. I've bolused from it quite a few times ok on its own, but am still doing cross-checks with meter more often than I would normally till I'm clearer about it.

I'm still reading up on calibrating. There seems to be different theories. At the moment I'm calibrating if it is more than about 10% to 15% out, because, well, that's the point of calibrating it - to bring it in line with blood, and I'm trying to do so only when I'm relatively stable, for example when I wake, as there seems to be no point in calibrating when sugars are rapidly changing because there's no point in telling xdrip what sugar is at that point compared to interstitial when the whole show is rapidly moving. Anyway, that's the plan at the moment - might change once I read more about it.

Anyway, good luck with it - I don't think there's that many of us with blucon yet - interesting to hear from another user!

Reactions: himtoo and therower

misspinky1984

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Horrible people
Seriously can’t find my Bluetooth can anyone help me?