What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 at 08:10.

Hi @Starfish18 have been worrying about you as I know you were concerned about your levels good to see you back posting.
Aww, thats sweet of you. I've not wanted to post with my levels being higher. I'm ok though still sticking with lchf still wracking my brains as to why my levels are higher, other than stressing about work :dead: worrying now my hba1c will have risen on my next test :nailbiting:
Always thinking what I can try next even thought maybe I do need medication for a while. :nailbiting: I think most things have gone through my head lol

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Aww, thats sweet of you. I've not wanted to post with my levels being higher. I'm ok though still sticking with lchf still wracking my brains as to why my levels are higher, other than stressing about work :dead: worrying now my hba1c will have risen on my next test :nailbiting:
Always thinking what I can try next even thought maybe I do need medication for a while. :nailbiting: I think most things have gone through my head lol
Know what you mean, I have my next HbA1c on July 19th as part of a diabetic review, so waiting in stressful anticipation.

Lesley60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rude, arrogant, mean people.
6.2 at 08.30am

That’s low for me but I’ve had a gastritis bug? for last twelve days, the first 48hrs I couldn’t eat a thing, then I ate a banana or dry toast once a day, now I can manage to eat small portions twice a day. e.g. Banana in morning, chicken breast+steamed veg or rice in early evening. No snacks just drinking plenty of water.
I usually have a much higher fasting bg level of 9.3-10.8! Dawn phenomenon? Maybe...
Maybe not! I know exactly what treats spike my blood glucose but I’ve been eating them regardless! Cake, biscuits, chocolate bars, nougat bars, boiled sweets.... I love them all!
Well I’m announcing publicly to all you lovely supportive people on here that I intend to stop!
During this tummy bug? I randomly tested my bg one mid-afternoon and it was 4.1.... I have never had a reading that low during my T2 diabetes journey which began in June 2012!
I’m waiting for results of blood tests and stool sample test to be returned to GP to find out what’s causing my symptoms. Feeling lot better today so fingers crossed I’m on the mend.