What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't find food boring, but just can't be bothered to cook just for me (fed up with doing it after many years when my late husband couldn't eat and had to be fed through a tube) so I tend to go for spicy/tasty casseroles and stews which I can cook in advance and do it when I am feeling like being bothered. That's why I had so much in the freezer when it needed defrosting.
Sorry about your husband..that must have been very difficult. I understand the all in one approach but one sausage for 2 days is very frugal IMO. Take care.

Reactions: DJC3 and Viv19

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
One sausage - plenty of veg though including some soya beans. I did have bacon and eggs for breakfast, so I'm not doing without protein. I've also got a lamb shank stewing with plenty of veg - that'll do for the day after tomorrow. Thanks for your concern.

Viv19

Also very bored about food. But hungry. The two don’t go together very well.
Tea
Cwc
Lunch nuts yoghurt with raspberries and blueberries
Edit. I forgot 2 baby bel
1 slice LC bread with blue cheese
Tea
Evening scrambled eggs, 1 LC roll toasted
White wine.
Tea again.
I need a cooking slave! I was always rather envious of Oprah - very easy to tell your chef to prepare suitable food to match your diet and tastebuds.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
E752D61A-ED92-4F4A-A0AD-145B8245F822.jpeg

Very eggy day today and very active - climbing up Hergest ridge from Kington - wonderful day out and long walk around 25,000 steps including those climbing 426 meters above sea level. Lots of sky larks up there and my ears popped! Worth it for views and the wild horses and foals. Knee held up but a bit sore tonight. Another busy active day tomorrow looking after and walking cooper youngest sons young dog.
Early start so coffee and cream
Lunch - see photo two boiled eggs, celery and lots of salt
Dinner frittata with pancetta, chicken, mushrooms, eggs and cheese followed bt sf lemon jelly with yoghurt just about to have coffee with cream and a small amount of chocolate.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Four years of LC today celebrated with - nothing much. B = (wait for it) tea just to change things. Lots more tea all day. NE1 we were treated to a meal in Patisserie Valerie, by my uncle (I can't find any love for eating out but Julie appreciates the change). Omelette and salad (really?) with haloumi. NE2 was Fage 5%, 10 cal jelly and 10 h/g raspberries .

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Also very bored about food. But hungry. The two don’t go together very well.
Tea
Cwc
Lunch nuts yoghurt with raspberries and blueberries
1 slice LC bread with blue cheese
Tea
Evening scrambled eggs, 1 LC roll toasted
White wine.
Tea again.
I need a cooking slave! I was always rather envious of Oprah - very easy to tell your chef to prepare suitable food to match your diet and tastebuds.

I could do with a chef myself to save all the bother of cooking but I know I would just criticise and think I could do it better. Any time I have eaten out (rare) I have done exactly that - wondered why I bothered when I could do it better, and cheaper, myself. I did, in fact, train as a chef in a past life (which is why I am critical of the efforts of others - professionals) and used to enjoy cooking. Still do in the once in a while when I can be bothered to get going

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch (ish) - an omelette with cheese, onion and mushroom. Water and koffy were present at the time.

Dinner. Lemon chicken parmesan with sautéed veg (courgettes, onion, asparagus and sliced radish) with sumac and Italian herbs.
Pudding. Kefir with summer berries. Some Sauvignon Blanc was present at the time.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy 4 year anniversary @ianpspurs may you have many more.
@shelley262 what a fabulous lunch spot. Definitely worth the trek.
Had a lot of CWC today - my usual big pot at home then at every Motorway stop on the journey back to London. Took snacks with me as I knew Mr C would want a Costa breakfast wrap ( yuk!) I had walnuts, cheese some chorizo and 1/2 a pHd bar.
Dinner this evening a made up Thai style chicken thing which was low carb and hopefully ok for daughters innards.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not posted for a couple of days while latest gut adventure played out.

As usual, self inflicted.

Remember the day i had a non carnivore hummus, feta pepper and lemon feta lunch?
Ooooh I enjoyed that.
So fab i repeated it the next day thinking ‘gosh, that went well! Is this the moment for me to start reintroducing...?

Well no. I got that message very loud and clear at 4am. And 5am. And 6am. And 7 am. And 8 am.
So then I barely ate anything for 24hrs.

Until yesterday afternoon when we went out and i devoured 2 gorgeously huge beef burgers, with cheese, bacon and 3 chips - and my guts did a happy dance.

Back on carni then.

Reactions: maglil55 and Viv19

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: 2 x boiled eggs with Marmite soldiers made from one slice of LivLife bread followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: chicken balti curry with cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: A hand full of cherry tomatoes (possums food) out at the shed.
Dinner: Pork chops, veggies, gravy.
Breakfast: Mushroom and cheese omelette, bacon, tomatoes, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee / tea, no sugar or sweeteners, water.

Viv19

Not posted for a couple of days while latest gut adventure played out.

As usual, self inflicted.

Remember the day i had a non carnivore hummus, feta pepper and lemon feta lunch?
Ooooh I enjoyed that.
So fab i repeated it the next day thinking ‘gosh, that went well! Is this the moment for me to start reintroducing...?

Well no. I got that message very loud and clear at 4am. And 5am. And 6am. And 7 am. And 8 am.
So then I barely ate anything for 24hrs.

Until yesterday afternoon when we went out and i devoured 2 gorgeously huge beef burgers, with cheese, bacon and 3 chips - and my guts did a happy dance.

Back on carni then.

How miserable! Do you know what part of the lunch disagreed with you?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday’s food:
Breakfast: usual slice HiLo toast, butter, tea x2. Lol my current loaf has a whole all through the middle so I am eating less of it each morning.
Lunch: unexpectedly at a farm shop cafe with no 2 son. Went for late coffee before he disappeared ended up having a really nice salad. Mine was crab, watermelon, watercress, cherry tomato and a few pine nuts. I only ate half the watermelon because I was worried about the carbs but it was a gorgeous combo.
Supper: Spinach omelette. Handful walnuts. Lots of water

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Good evening all and as I am about to finish my eating for today here is the intake. Usual tea for B. NE1 (1.45 ish) flaxseed crackers (x2 mix) with butter and h/m mayo, cucumber and beetroot followed by 150 gms Fage 5% and 50 gms h/g raspberries. Ate a piece of black bomber cheddar as a snack mid afternoon. NE3 around 6.30 avocado and egg salad. Simple, not quite sure about nutritious, LC and well inside my comfort zone. I will surely become bored eventually but the basic idea of a kind of sandwich and very close to that salad is how I roll best.
Avocado and egg is a favourite combination for my breakfast.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. A bit behind (again).

@Brunneria sorry to hear about the gut problems.

@shelley262 walk and lunch spot sound great.

@DJC3 fish al fresco sounds delicious.

@Chook I’m allergic to mushrooms too.

Currently at airport about to travel home. My carry on full of low carb goodies packed like Tetris to avoid crushing the baked cheese Whisps was selected for extra scrutiny at security. Much requesting of security officer to be gentle with it and took me ages to put it all back!

Just eaten bacon and eggs and enjoyed tea with cream at the airport. No deli bar to raid this side of the pond, but a few pre-packed goodies with me for the flight.

Last night was given 20% discount at the naughty ice cream and chocolate shop. Just as well I’ve been on a 2 day rest from testing after my Libre fell off early.

Aside from that meals have been predictable but delicious involving bunless Five Guys burgers (they are definitely even nicer here) and rotisserie chicken from Whole Foods with melted butter on top. Will miss that when I get home.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Currently at airport about to travel home. My carry on full of low carb goodies packed like Tetris to avoid crushing the baked cheese Whisps was selected for extra scrutiny at security. Much requesting of security officer to be gentle with it and took me ages to put it all back!

Just eaten bacon and eggs and enjoyed tea with cream at the airport. No deli bar to raid this side of the pond, but a few pre-packed goodies with me for the flight.

Last night was given 20% discount at the naughty ice cream and chocolate shop. Just as well I’ve been on a 2 day rest from testing after my Libre fell off early.

Aside from that meals have been predictable but delicious involving bunless Five Guys burgers (they are definitely even nicer here) and rotisserie chicken from Whole Foods with melted butter on top. Will miss that when I get home.

Goonergal, I hope you saved your Libre to send back to Abbott, after you call them, when you get home?

Our Airfryer has a rotisserie function, although we haven't actually used it in that mode yet. We keep saying we will, but never quite get around to it.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Bon voyage. It seems like you’ve been away ages.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eaten today

About 6 am
A few cashew nuts
Some bits dark chocolate
Black coffee

8 am
Eggs and cheese thrown in microwave
And mushrooms
Black coffee

11am Got back from shops and had some ready to eat salmon
I'll just have one bit I thought but...
Ate all the salmon
Had fresh mushrooms so...
Put mushrooms in leaves of gem lettuce (so mushroom lettuce sandwiches)

But I have difficulty eating green salad stuff (swallowing problems), so I had the bright idea of buttering the gem lettuce leaves! It worked and I could swallow it pretty easily...

Then 11:30 half a mug of halved strawberries and some double cream.

That's it for solid food.

Teas
Coffees
Water
Herbal teas to drink the rest of the day