Libre reader/phone app update

Copernicus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have read and seen adverts that you can now update your Libre reader and or your phone app to provide more accurate readings. Has anyone updated yet and if you do update can you continue to use the same sensor or do you need to start a new one.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
@helensaramay @Copernicus

The other thread seems to be solely about the Reader.

There is also the LibreLink App on Android which you download from the Play Store.

I received an email telling me that there was a newer version available but usually an App in the Play Store updates automatically.

I would like to know if anyone has updated the phone App yet on Android, and if so how they did it.

D

Deleted Account

I have updated the LibreLink app on my Android by going to the PlayStore and downloading the latest version.
I do not have great experience with LibreLink accuracy and the update has not improved it for me (e.g. LibreLink said 10.1 whilst finger prick said 6.5!) but I think that's just my blood and interstitial fluid being "special"
The algorithm for Glimp works better for m but it still struggles at times.

Reactions: porl69 and Knikki

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I have updated the LibreLink app on my Android by going to the PlayStore and downloading the latest version.
I do not have great experience with LibreLink accuracy and the update has not improved it for me (e.g. LibreLink said 10.1 whilst finger prick said 6.5!) but I think that's just my blood and interstitial fluid being "special"
The algorithm for Glimp works better for m but it still struggles at times.

Thanks.

I'm feeling a bit dumb because when I checked my options seemed to be Uninstall or Open.

Last updated 30th April 2019.

Did you uninstall then reinstall?

Edit: Version 2.3.0

D

Deleted Account

Thanks.

I'm feeling a bit dumb because when I checked my options seemed to be Uninstall or Open.

Last updated 30th April 2019.

Did you uninstall then reinstall?

Edit: Version 2.3.0
I think I saw the same and had no update option.
So I uninstalled and then installed the new version.
I had no data in LibreLink (I don’t use it much) so had nothing to lose.

Actually, if I remember correctly, the data is stored in the cloud rather than on your phone; that’s how LibreView accesses it.
So there shouldn’t be any data loss if you uninstall and reinstall as long as you connect to the same Libre account.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
If your choosing 'update then it should install over the top and update whatever file's it needs too.

The point being that I don't have an Update option.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Argh! I see sorry slight misread, if there is no update option then you have the latest version mine says version 2.3.0.4751 if you open the app to right there are three dots hit that fly out menu then look in the About option.

I guess Abbots don't have a list of who's got what version so simple thing to do is mail everyone on their list

Thanks.
Looks like I'm on the latest version.