What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Lesley60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rude, arrogant, mean people.
My last HbA1c in May was 69, that should have been a wake up call but I chose to ignore it!

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 at 4:56 got up watched some mindless TV, had a couple of drinks of hot water and a cat nap on settee tested again at 7:56 it was then 5.9. Never sure which can be considered fasting bloods as first one was around 5hrs fasting, second reading 8hrs. Happy with either.

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
6.2 this morning I only check once a week now! My average is 5.9 no longer taking medication, after losing 6 st in weight planned. There was a time when I was up to 19 blood sugar so just looking for reassurance is average 5.9 fasting okay?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aww, thats sweet of you. I've not wanted to post with my levels being higher. I'm ok though still sticking with lchf still wracking my brains as to why my levels are higher, other than stressing about work :dead: worrying now my hba1c will have risen on my next test :nailbiting:
Always thinking what I can try next even thought maybe I do need medication for a while. :nailbiting: I think most things have gone through my head lol
Aww @Starfish18 , don’t stop posting because your levels are raised. We are not in a competition.. I do admit though to getting a bit despondent myself when I have been working at lower numbers and see others having success.
I have had meter stuck on 6.5 since Saturday. Today it was 6.6.

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t use a libre, but wonder if any other member here can explain?
The Libre has a spring-type sensor needle which is inserted into the arm via the applicator which contains a fine needle. The sensor stays in the tissue for 14 days -the life of the sensor.

I wouldn’t call it “poking” me but yes, there is an interstitial sensor spring which is part of the device and is how the glucose levels are measured. Application is pretty painless.

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Aww @Starfish18 , don’t stop posting because your levels are raised. We are not in a competition.. I do admit though to getting a bit despondent myself when I have been working at lower numbers and see others having success.
I have had meter stuck on 6.5 since Saturday. Today it was 6.6.
Its so frustrating isn't it.
My levels were in the 7-8s and I just couldn't bring myself to post them with everyone doing so well :(

Reactions: HarryBeau

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its so frustrating isn't it.
My levels were in the 7-8s and I just couldn't bring myself to post them with everyone doing so well :(
I think it more important to continue to post when I am not doing so well. It prevents me from throwing in the towel altogether.
We can sort this.

Reactions: Prem51