Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@db89 - well I did say the antibiotics had messed with me - woozy & wobbly.

*sticks frantically to her excuse .....*

Reactions: Knikki

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh dear, well I hope they do their work effectively for you whilst you have to take them.

Woozy and wobbly seems to have been an overarching theme on this thread after skimming back through the last few pages - what were you all on the other night and can I get some? :woot:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Not our fault at all m'lud - we woz influenced!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Well if it's confession time ......

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanski a Libre instead of a pump is definitely the intention in my CCG and there is something in the criteria which says so. Hopefully, it is not the case for everyone but I can see their point - if you can improve your diabetes management with a Libre, why should the NHS pay for an expensive pump?
Not everything can be solved with MDI (e.g. DP) so they cannot rule out pumps and hand out Libre like (large) smarties.

On the topic of Libre, when the doc went to take my blood pressure this morning, she spotted my Libre and said "Ooo, that scared me. I better use the other arm."
Apart from compression low, would there be any risk putting a blood pressure cuff over a Libre?
If mine was older, I would be tempted to suggested she gave it a go but it hasn't been in for a week.

I can see that point as well. I like the libre sensors, it isn’t a magic wand either but it has given me that extra information that I need to work with my control. Again as you said, libre doesn’t solve some of the issues, it makes our lives a tad easier. Both pumps and libres aren’t handed out like candies, but I can see one will be favoured over the other.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As someone who does not want a pump and indeed refused one when suggested due to my rampant DP, I have indeed saved the NHS money. Does that give me a Libre, doubtful. Perhaps I should ask for a pump and I may then get the Libre as pay off lol!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
As someone who does not want a pump and indeed refused one when suggested due to my rampant DP, I have indeed saved the NHS money. Does that give me a Libre, doubtful. Perhaps I should ask for a pump and I may then get the Libre as pay off lol!
Always worth asking. They can only say no!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh man, I went to open a parcel that was wrapped tightly with duct tape and I slashed my index finger. The awkward part is the cut is on the tip of my finger so a plaster can't wrap it precisely.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Just looked it up and strange one, the girl is part Italian so if she has been out in the sun she will be darker DUH!

But it seems that Ariana has been accused of "going black" before, don't know if it is to make her look cooler or boost sales, more likely it's just people being people and basically arses.
Plus that hat will be caring a huge shadow. Shame she isn’t in a nice blouse.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Here was me, looking forward to a lovely relaxing bath, doing a bit of a cake bake, maybe a stir fry for tea... the horrible work week is continuing in its full glory.

I arrive home to the neighbours all of a tiswas because of an external gas leak on their property. We have a joint supply, I discover, so access had been required to my property to re-instate my gas supply. Gas people got stroppy when I arrived home because they hadn't been able to get access - I point out I'd been at work, that I didn't know I had to be at home all the time in preparation for this once in a lifetime event, and they were, in fact, lucky I'd just arrived back as early as I had done as I'd had other plans which hadn't worked out.

The people still working on next door weren't the right people to re-instate my gas supply, though they could cap it off my side for safety, so off I toddle to make an appointment with the right people. "Oh, they'll be with your neighbour tomorrow, if you leave a key we can do it tomorrow morning." when I point out taking time off work wasn't possible.

Neighbours thoroughly confused - they had plans to be out all day tomorrow and no idea anyone was coming back, I toddle back to re-arrange my side of the appointment for my convenience after work tomorrow night.

Workmen tried telling me I didn't have to do that, and I should demand someone return there and then ... at which point I decided unless I was actually required to be around for access they might need to my property, I was going back out as there was much drilling into brickwork going on.

So, a picnic in the park, and will have to explain to the disappointed hoards I can't make cakes with no oven...I've had a shower, which is OK and at least I know my shower still works. (It only gets used by overnight visitors or in a crisis such as tonight's.) But, I hate showers.

Be amazed my blood sugars are continuing to defy my usual pattern of running hight when stressed.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Ok completely off topic but here goes.

Serine Williams, you know the tennis player.

She has just done a shoot with Harpars Bazaar fashion mag where they have not done any Photoshop, she is wearing gold outfit in a gold background and they do look really good.

But some of the shots, from behind, 3/4 on are full length and if look down her feet are.......well almost tiny and almost out of proportion and in the high, like 5, 6 inch ones, makes it look most odd. I think she should have had smaller heels on would have looked much better me thinks.

Yes I know nothing what's so ever to do with diabetese, but since when have i have stuck to the rules and its been bugging me all day. Right now that's off my chest I am going to finish this cider and iron a blouse or two for tomorrow.

I just viewed the photo, she does suit the gold colour, but because she has quite muscley legs especially the calves and a more stocky body, it does make her feet more 'dainty looking', so not part of her body. Now on to Ariana Grande for another unprofessional review ;):D

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Rude woman today just pointed at my Libre sensor on my upper chest today “what’s that THING on your chest?” Told her it was an ASBO tag :D

I commented to the lady behind me in the Lidl checkout queue, it was my electronic tag. That stopped her in her tracks.

I could have sworn she was calling the police to come get me and my "proceeds of crime" car, when loading my shopping.

All part of life's tapestry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fairygodmother

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Morning all. Almost shocked today to find I am at 5.4!! What happened? Everything worked the way it says it does on the tin! It's some new and nefarious plot, I tell you.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Morning all. Almost shocked today to find I am at 5.4!! What happened? Everything worked the way it says it does on the tin! It's some new and nefarious plot, I tell you.
So that’s why I’m at 9.9, I borrowed some of yours.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Ah ha! You are the guilty culprit! Still, if you''r keeping my bloods level, you can be as guilty as you like :joyful::joyful: