don't think its liver dump

MegaMan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not much I'm easy going :D
ok see if anyone can figure this out. I'm on the Accu check Aviva combo been on it for about three weeks now. Anway at night around 11pm my BG goes like this

11:00pm 3.4mmol/
11.08pm 3.2 mmol/ol (did second test just to make sure)
11.22pm 4.6 mmol/ol

I got things almost as I want them but I con't figure this bit out, I dont think it's liver dump.

last time I ate was 8:20pm 33g carbs

Thanks for any help

MegaMan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Woke up this morning and they were 9.2 mmol/ol I'm on 0.63 u/h overnight. Guess I'll just keep tweaking :D

iHs

MegaMan said:
ok see if anyone can figure this out. I'm on the Accu check Aviva combo been on it for about three weeks now. Anway at night around 11pm my BG goes like this

11:00pm 3.4mmol/
11.08pm 3.2 mmol/ol (did second test just to make sure)
11.22pm 4.6 mmol/ol

I got things almost as I want them but I con't figure this bit out, I dont think it's liver dump.

last time I ate was 8:20pm 33g carbs

Thanks for any help

Hi

Firstly, it's good that you've now got a pump

Secondly, unless you are sure that your carb counting was correct, it's time for you to mess about tweaking some of your hourly basals. If I am going low I usually alter my basals (0.01 or 0.02) 2hrs before the low starts so for you this would be alter the 9pm, 10pm basal and possibly the 11pm one as well, or alter the carb ratio so that you inject slightly less bolus to cover your evening meal and leave the basal rates alone. I would keep tweaking this over a few evenings until my lows had come up towards my target (being 7mmol before bed).

Thirdly, sometimes hot weather temp can really alter bg levels and make you need less or more insulin at different times of the day. I think you may find that if you decrease your insulin to cover a number of hours, you may then need to increase it for other hours.

Hope this helps you a bit ......... Once we have stable weather temp, you should be able to stay on the same basal profile for a while ...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Also, do your levels normally raise by 6mmol at night...as this would indicate to me to do some more night time tests....

Off nights that raise by 6mmol I can generally account for but I try to keep all my elvels within a 2mmol barrier-either raising or lowering....

Using the combo, provides some good info providing you enter for every test whether it is pre meal, post meal, bedtime or other. I always try to put in a statistic for this..if it is other it is other..... using this canbe quite helpful to realise whether it is premeals that you go low/hight or post meals etc........as far as I understand the combo-if you don't enter anything the post meals, pre meals etc mean very little-as if there is n't a marker against it-then it sdoes not log for the graphs......under data information....

I like iHs would be considering those readings as low-no matter that they went up a little and would be looking at the reason.....i.e like me, and others do Sat/Sun readings vary each week....I have now realised that at weekends-from Friday 6pm's through to Monday mornings I need to run at 90%. This is just because hubby and I share a bottle of wine on Fri, Sat and Sundays. Did you carb count correct? Was it heat, was it something that you don't normally eat etc......a huge amount of things to look at.

MegaMan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Yep carb counting was spot on so I know that part of it was fine. I’ve changed the hourly basal rate and my BG are better (not going low) when I go to sleep my sugars always start to rise around 12:00am so I will look into this and tweak as needed.

iHs
It’s so nice to be able to eat when I want and not be controlled by my diabetes, and be more in control of them.