Type 1'stars R Us

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Japes what a tale. Hope it gets sorted today to your satisfaction. Reminds me of the time I arrived home to find the water people digging a large hole in our drive. There was an underground leak which we rang and asked for a quote to do. Not actually do it! We hadn’t given permission for any work. We couldn’t get car up drive. Chased them off the property, and our plumber eventually did the work. By the time he did it, the hole was full of water and frogs. Hilarious! Oh and they paid us some compensation.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Mornin all, had lunch with a friend yesterday and bloods haywire all afternoon ☹️. I do dislike it when you can almost calculate the carb but all the other hidden fats etc come back and hit you.
6.4 this morning. What can possibly go wrong.
Older grandson’s inherited the arachnophobia gene from my side of the family. He left postit notes on his window sill for his father giving instructions how to catch it and a tin to put it in to take it away.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hope all gas on, all food delicious, all bloods good and any jobs you’re doing enjoyable, successful and not life threatening today.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Mel dCP.........teaching what? (manors and normal reasonable behaviour? depends which school you're at!)
@helensaramay I'm so glad you *'d the woohoo I was beginning to wonder about your state of mind.
@Fairygodmother what could go wrong? The sun could implode and we'd all get sucked into a black hole, failing that our BG's fluctuate a bit more than we'd really like!

The cat is doing really well - so said the vet yesterday, hopefully blood results will confirm that. He's desperate to get outside but with a feeding tube still in place he's not allowed - we've drastically reduced his tube feeding, and in fact we didn't feed him this morning but he is eating well on his own - it could probably come out, Catch 22 though - he's still on tablets and it's so much easier to crush them up add some water and syringe it down the tube, as oppose to 2 people putting on full body armour (if they want to live!) and man handling the cat (once they've extracted it from various hidy holes and out of reach places). :hilarious:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good luck @slip. Wrapping pills in tuna, cold meat, etc etc sometimes got them down our last cat’s gullet. Current cat, Brian, needs to be wrapped in a towel, held down firmly and given a treat afterwards. I think most pills from the vets probably taste disgusting, not that I’ve tried any.

Reactions: hh1

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Maths :hilarious:

The bigger issue is that they don’t give supplies access to a computer here and there’s little to no phone reception. I’m having to engage with children, it’s horrific. I’m sat by a window in a cupboard right now, had to rejig my Loop to run offline, which means I don’t have such detailed info on my watch - the Loop itself doesn’t need a connection, just Bluetooth.

Reactions: WuTwo and porl69

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I’ve just tried updating my libre reader on my admittedly slightly older Mac. It’s got the required operating system but the update failed, failed and failed again. Bah! Just written to Abbot expressing frustration (in the nicest possible way - swearing was for these walls only) and now await their reply. Will it be
a). Anodyne politico speak full of statistics and history of update
b). Instructions to repeat the steps I’ve already executed ten times today
c). Apologies, and fast track delivery of a new reader
d) Fast track delivery of a bunch of roses and a perfect pancreas

Reactions: porl69

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Fairygodmother there has been some reports that some Libre readers fail to update as the firmware they are running is too old, depends on what error code is presented as to their response - good luck, but I can guarantee it won't be option d) !

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
According to Abbot’s instructions a Mac OS X system’s ok - mine’s OS X

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning guys, hope you are all good. Went to bed on a 5.6, after my veggie curry and awoke on 8.4, Libre says it is falling steadily. Off out to GP's soon, then looking for Thomas the tank engine items, Lego or a crocodile, toys or book.
Have a great Thursday :)

Reactions: hh1 and WuTwo

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
According to Abbot’s instructions a Mac OS X system’s ok - mine’s OS X

was an error code displayed on the reader itself? or you can check the eventlog - go into settings (the cog top right) then system status and event log you should see a list of error codes with date and time.....as an example Er3,363 I think is not enough blood on the strip, I know someone mentioned an err9 which resulted in them getting a new reader but I suspect the 3 digits after that are crucial as mine has an err9 but I didn't have any issues updating it.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all
Everyone is busy today :)
My last day in work as am off camping in Brean tomorrow (best this weather stays nice!!!!)
Bloods were on one last night, way too many lows AND alarms so am pretty tired atm. See what tonite brings then could be an overnight basal change (AGAIN lol)

@Fairygodmother I do believe @slip is on about the reader and not the PC (if he wasn't then I am going to look dumb (NO comments on that please)).
@Mel dCP good luck with the maths today. And I hope #iamironwoman copes with limited internet (yeah I know it runs on bluetooth)
@helensaramay your tea last night sounds REALLY nice. Unsure on tofu, not tried it and unsure if I want to lol. Sounds to much like toffee and I am scared it would put me off eating toffee :hilarious::hilarious:
@WuTwo WINNER @5.4 :) :)

And on about the Libre...I still say that I am part cyborg and the Libre is my overnight charge point

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon friends, my squishy bf had to bribe me to get out of bed, I heard vegan macdonalds and shopping So I rolled out of bed and BG is 7.1, indeed perfecto
@porl69 YOU HAVE TO AT LEAST TRY CRISPY TOFU WITH VIETNAMESE DRESSING or we are feeding you the disgusting tofu - smelly tofu, my dad claims it smells worse than sewage & poop.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all,

Last night's news is ... I had some tea! I thought a change was as good as a rest so after two days of being too busy, I treated myself (and himself) to salmon, green bean and pesto parcels with new potatoes. I can thoroughly recommend eating.

I have some tofu for lunch which I plan to have with salad. Any suggestions for the tofu bearing in mind I have no spice mixes, just lots of spices?

Yesterday I broke our product and sent an email to the wrong person so lets see if I can do some thing more positive today. I think it is going to start with a spreadsheet - woohoo*!

Enjoy your days of teaching, getting gas back (in your house ... not some bad gastric problem), eating chocolate cake (do you have a special frock coat for that?) and borrowing BGs (mine was 6.1)

*To be read sarcastically.

Hi @helensaramay , the BIB for the tofu. Best thing to do with Tofu, is unwrap it, open the bin lid and through the Tofu straight in there. Job done:):)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tofu - you can make it crispy in some oil and make your own sweet and sour dressing. Make sure you drain it thoroughly though.
DIY vinegarette dressing :D
Or you can marinate it in some sauces - I usually do soy sauce, fresh crushed garlic and ginger, a bit of sweetness or honey and some water. After layer on sesame seeds after.
You can make tofu scramble with turmeric, salt and pepper.

Reactions: Kim Possible
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@porl69 YOU HAVE TO AT LEAST TRY CRISPY TOFU WITH VIETNAMESE DRESSING or we are feeding you the disgusting tofu - smelly tofu, my dad claims it smells worse than sewage & poop.
emoji23.png
[/QUOTE

Sometimes I think the worse smells are what are under a rude and egotistical person's nose ! :rolleyes:

Food wise, this is what I have experienced growing up. One of the worse smells ever, is...............the cooking of Tripe :yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:
Robs

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I got my repeat script for the Libre, also chest x-ray was clear. I did mention the excess saliva I have and a feeling of something in the throat on the left side only, So I am being referred and Doc is asking for a couple of blood test and he said' shall we put in for thyroid test as well, so I said yes !!
Great appointment today and no waiting about either :)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
was an error code displayed on the reader itself? or you can check the eventlog - go into settings (the cog top right) then system status and event log you should see a list of error codes with date and time.....as an example Er3,363 I think is not enough blood on the strip, I know someone mentioned an err9 which resulted in them getting a new reader but I suspect the 3 digits after that are crucial as mine has an err9 but I didn't have any issues updating it.

I’ve a couple of Er9,978, a 33, a51,4,1, and a couple of 3,372s.
How do I find out what they mean?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I’ve a couple of Er9,978, a 33, a51,4,1, and a couple of 3,372s.
How do I find out what they mean?

Crikey - they look very strange. Hopefully one of the knowledgeable types will turn up soon, cos it's beyond.

Reactions: Fairygodmother