Novorapid?

Becca6510

I’m starting a pump on Monday and I normally use fiasp on MDI. I’ve heard reports of novorapid being very slow and not the best choice for a pump.. although doesn’t seem like I got a day in that as she’s sent me the prescription for it.

I’m aware it lasts for 4 hours rather than 2 with the fiasp.

Any thoughts/past experiences ?

Thanks!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I pump with Novorapid, as it suits my very low carb way of eating - I dose as I'm about to eat, and it matches my food pretty well. People who eat faster carbs may find pre-bolusing a useful technique, or that Fiasp suits them well. I've found that Novorapid works faster in a pump for me, perhaps because a bolus is just increasing what's going in to an already established site.

Tagging @helensaramay

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I use novorapid in my omnipod and find it works well
i normally pre-bolus 15 to 20 minutes before eating and usually avoid spiking above 9.0
i average 90 - 110 carbs per day

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, @Becca6510 , @tim2000s has written extensively about fiasp with pumps on his site, here's a link to one of his articles, there's links to the others on that page, including a user survey:

https://www.diabettech.com/diabetes/fiasp-going-off-label-being-intentionally-non-compliant/

As I'm doing ok on mdi/novorapid, I've not been following matters too closely, but the message seems to be that fiasp works spectacularly well for some, but not for others, and sometimes it works very well to begin with but then gets progressively worse after a while.

Given the problems some people have reported, I suspect your team might have decided it's safest to stick to what they know.

Reactions: Becca6510