What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I needn't have been concerned that I wouldn't have enough exercise today. There are no lifts in the building the course is being held in - the loos are on the ground floor and the course is on the top floor - 67 steps between them!

I started breakfast this morning with stilton cheese which I sliced over portabello mushrooms. I then had bacon, fried egg, a small sausage and more portabello mushrooms and lots of coffee and cream. Lunch was 20g of 85% chocolate and dinner was steak and green salad with avocado and olive oil and more coffee.

The course is really good and I really enjoyed the Edvard Munch Exhibition at the British Museum.

Am now back at the hotel with more coffee.

Good grief! What on Earth do people with mobility limitations do?

Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Late getting back on the forum today - been enjoying the first day of the rest of my life!
Thank you so much to all of you who’ve sent good wishes and kind words, they are very much appreciated. Sorry if I miss anyone in this list ( told you my record keeping is slapdash!)
@PenguinMum @Viv19 @gennepher @ianpspurs @pavlosn @Debandez @jjraak @SaskiaKC

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good grief! What on Earth do people with mobility limitations do?
I think anyone with mobility problems just could not get up to the top floor. It is a very old building and and looks stunning with vaulted ceilings and some stained glass windows but could definitely do with a lift.

Reactions: Debandez

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DJC3 Love the reference to " the first day to the rest of your life". What s wonderful way to feel. Keep that feeling fresh!
Late getting back on the forum today - been enjoying the first day of the rest of my life!
Thank you so much to all of you who’ve sent good wishes and kind words, they are very much appreciated. Sorry if I miss anyone in this list ( told you my record keeping is slapdash!)
@PenguinMum @Viv19 @gennepher @ianpspurs @pavlosn @Debandez @jjraak @SaskiaKC

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A disappointing 7.0 this morning but in my defence that bowl of cherries did taste delicious.

I will have to be extra good today to make up for my transgression.

Still at home in Nicosia by the way, my suggestion that we travel to the beach last night was turned down flat by my son who had already made other arrangements with friends. Hopefully today.

At least the temperature dropped significantly last night. It is now hot but bearable, an almost pleasant 26 centigrade as I write this at 8:00 am expected to reach a peak of 36 centigrade later.

Enjoy your weekend

Pavlos
20190712_194059.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
fbg 7.6 this morning at 5 am.

Last night's reading was 6.3, so I was daring to hope for a 6 this morning. Maybe soon it will come...

Tidying now with a coffee. I will look back at your posts later...

Have a good weekend
Take care

>^..^<

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The course is really good and I really enjoyed the Edvard Munch Exhibition at the British Museum.
I love the area around the British Museum...many years ago I worked at a publishing company on the same street & when we skipped school that was where we headed for...spent the days there & in the Science museum...happy days.

Viv19

A shocking 7.5 last night and 6.7 this morning. It must have been the sauce in the Chinese food. I did ask her for just duck and veg and NO sweet sauce. She said, those two sweet, this one not sweet. :-/ His Nibs loves eating there.
It’s absolutely chucking it down at the moment and already was when I went to bed - quite unusual here in summer. I suppose that means lots of weeding in a few days when the sun comes out again. The clay soil bakes the weeds in so pulling them out (definitely not my top favourite activity) is only possible after rain. In the meantime the nutritional value of the clay makes them grow thick and healthy.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning... much cooler last night so a reasonable sleep...quiet so far I love it like this...first up & the house to myself...sipping a good cup of coffee...birds busy singing in the garden...no traffic...bliss...woke to a 6.5

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3, up on the 4's of the last few days but no surprising after the sizzling steak and cheese of last night. I think it was the bed of onions it came on. It was very tasty though and the evening itself was very mellow.
Back to the straight and narrow today.
Work and then flea treatment for the dogs (preventative) - such a rock and roll lifestyle!
Take care

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Welly boots!!! Not summer attire for sure. Flip flops in summer???

I don’t think flip flops were public knowledge in the 1950’s in our somewhat dazzling social circles.
I had a pair of boots to go to school in and a pair of wellies for playing out. Boots had segs and tricounis in; you could make sparks and also slides in the playground.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.5 this fine morning after spicy monkfish last night.
It was sunny here at 6am so the day looks set fair. Am leaving within the hour to drive to Kent to see my very dear friend. We are going to a nice garden centre and then spending the rest of the day planting. Then probs sit and admire with a glass of something chilled.
Hope you all have a fabulous Saturday. Stay well, stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning each. Mild and still in the flatlands of Cambs. Peter the meter thought it would be highly amusing to spread the rumour that my fbg was 4.5 but I am wise to attempts to spread disinformation. Obviously tired of using the rouse of using dat or de other information. @pavlosn glad it was cooler and bearable last night. @PenguinMum have a great day in Kent. Some picturesque villages and towns with lovely cricket grounds which kept my balance when in exile. @DJC3 you have every reason to enjoy the moment you are in. Have you come across this resource for your daughter's issues https://www.dietvsdisease.org/fodmap-food-list/
Off to choose carpets for the new house over the border in Suffolk so all getting real. Amazing how in the space of about 2 fields it goes from black fenland to whitish Breckland. Enjoy your day. Tomorrow it's coming home.