Both big toes slightly numb, should I be worried??

Should I be worried??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aminato

Hi,

I’ve noticed that both of my big toes are slightly numb and I’m wondering if this is something I should be worried about? Is it a sign of diabetic neuropathy or do you guys thinks it’s because I walk almost 8 hours a day? My doctor is away on vacation so I can’t contact him for five weeks :(

This has made me really nervous and worried

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hello and welcome. Could you say if you have Diabetes and if so what type, please. A run down of your Diabetes meds would help too. Do you test your blood glucose levels at home, are they running high?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought new footwear a couple of months ago and started to have slightly numb areas under my foot - was a bit concerned, but it turns out it is the foam or whatever under the covering which has collapsed so there are ridges across the sole, under my foot and pressing on soft places. I wore some jell innersoles yesterday and today the feeling is much more normal - so do check for that sort of problem first.
If you do not have such things already and you are walking on hard surfaces, the innersoles do make a big difference to foot comfort anyway.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
You have to get it checked by a doctor to know? If it just started and you are worried maybe you have a walk in clinic care you can go to? It can be from your back. Nerves get pinched in your back and you can feel it in your feet/toes , they can either hurt or go numb. Sometimes it can be solved in simple ways as different shoes, not sitting on a wallet etc.