What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you are probably right and stress and anxiety is impacting on your blood levels. It also becomes a self fulfilling prophecy as we stress about high FBGs which in turn puts our levels up.
We have got son, wife and two children coming to visit us for a week, travelling up Salisbury today. One of the children is 9 months old and has just started crawling the other is 3 and into everything so I am searching the place for hazards at present. I love having them but making sure everything is just right can be stressful, that along with my Hba1c test next week... My morning bloods were 6.5. Now where can I hide my Lancets?;)
Stress and anxiety certainly is playing a huge part
Ha ha it does sound quite stressful. Hope its not though, hope you have a lovely weekend with your family. Its my weekend off work so I hope to chill and relax a little fingers crossed lol

Reactions: HarryBeau

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Stress and anxiety certainly is playing a huge part
Ha ha it does sound quite stressful. Hope its not though, hope you have a lovely weekend with your family. Its my weekend off work so I hope to chill and relax a little fingers crossed lol
Yes the older one is quite a handful. I have a vivid memory of a two year old as he was at the time, racing for all his worth along the top of the isles at Tesco, arms flailing, shouting "get out of the way, get out of the way" to anyone in his near vicinity. His father was chasing behind him, trying to catch him, I was bringing up the rear, neither of us stood a chance. They "reigned" him in after that. Enjoy yourself on your weekend off.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes the older one is quite a handful. I have a vivid memory of a two year old as he was at the time, racing for his all worth along the top of the isles at Tesco, arms flailing, shouting "get out of the get out of the way" to anyone in his near vicinity. His father was chasing behind him, trying to catch him, I was bringing up the rear, neither of us stood a chance. They "reigned" him in after that. Enjoy yourself on your weekend off.:)
Oh no! Hopefully hes calmed down a bit now :nailbiting:
Thank you. Have a good weekend:)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a cool breeze wafting through the house...first coffee finished possibly another before I jolt myself into action...can I face an early food shop...no...more coffee while I check my emails...woke to a 6.5

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 at 08:10. Not sure where that came from compared to the last couple of weeks, but liking it!

Reactions: Prem51

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody viewing at Luna Cinema last night at the National Memorial Arboretum and had a Pimms and Lemonade as part of the ticket deal, so quite pleased with that.......ate a Nine Bar as well. Had a small low carb dinner before the event as i thought the food being sold there would be very carby (it was) so I had hard boiled eggs, salad, kimchi before we went.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 at 5:48a.m. Bit disorganized yesterday, didn't manage to eat until around lunchtime and that was only a fried egg, then was out at a family do later in the day, it was a buffet which contained very little I could eat. Ended up having the tuna and onion topping from a couple of open sandwiches, a spoonful of clotted cream from the jam and cream(make up yourself) scones someone had left and half a dozen almonds I had in my bag for emergencies. Too late to make a meal when I got home so just had a little bit of butter. Had plenty of water though.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been in the 4's & 5's mostly during the three years since diagnosis...now my levels are generally higher by approximately 1-2mmols...I am working on that & testing regularly...in comparison to my HbA1c at diagnosis (17.4) I am still managing my diabetes fairly well...I believe we need to look at how far we've come on the diabetes treadmill and in managing our conditions.
I fully agree, @Bubbsie .
Your post has encouraged me. Thank you.
I have been at this for almost 15 years, and since 2011 have had well managed low numbers. The fasting always being highest. However, having other health problems this last year or so has been a struggle, with steroids thrown into the mix, and scary high fasting levels. We do need to look at the bigger picture, and not give up, or stop posting whether we are doing well, doing badly or just plodding along.

Friday, 6.3, Saturday 6.1, Sunday 6.5. With nice steady 5s throughout the rest of the time.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We do need to look at the bigger picture, and not give up, or stop posting whether we are doing well, doing badly or just plodding along.
Its very similar to the blame game Pipp...I've often heard the criticism levied at T2's almost as if some believe it's deserved a result of our lifestyle choices...once diagnosed it shouldn't matter how we got it it's how we manage it that's crucial...sometimes however diligent we are those levels will rise irrespective...patience is required (a great deal of it).