Help high reading all day 18-25 no meds won’t take Pioglitazone

Rose22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,
I have had high reading for the past few days but today could feel it, felt very thirsty indeed and was 18.9. Tested later 25 (highest yet,) and then hour later 23.9 then 3 hours later as felt the same and its sat at 23.9. I had yoghurts nuts seeds breakfast and then a bacon roll lunch with few Doritos (bit naughty dont usually eat bread) and then olives tomatoes cheese dinner as not v hungry.
I’m drinking loads, will this help flush it out? I’ve now run out of test strips! Went to pharmacy earlier in the day asking what I can do as running high and whether they had my brand strips, no! Whether they had ketones strips (this website said if running over 15 to check for them?) and they don’t have any! So felt that was a waste of time.
Last time saw Dr I’d explained I’m still getting high readings and she asked if I’d started the Pioglitazone, I said not yet, to which she said ah because of the side effects.
This website shows the drug company where fined for destroying evidence! And there’s an 83% increase in getting bladder cancer if take it for over a year! That seems shockingly high! Does anyone else take Pioglitazone?
I’m going try sleep and hopefully wake up with lower levels! Just really fed up...and thirsty!

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Oh, no. You must be feeling really unwell with such high blood sugars. I hope you get medical attention soon.

Reactions: Rose22

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
You might be fighting an infection, that will send your BG;s up. We have walk in clinics here in the states, that if you are high they will check your ketones and give you an insulin shot to lower your BG's. If you are still high you might check it out.

Reactions: Rose22

Rose22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh, no. You must be feeling really unwell with such high blood sugars. I hope you get medical attention soon.
Thankyou, Yep awake a lot last night, woken feeling a little better. Will hopefully be able to get an appoint on Monday.

Rose22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You might be fighting an infection, that will send your BG;s up. We have walk in clinics here in the states, that if you are high they will check your ketones and give you an insulin shot to lower your BG's. If you are still high you might check it out.
Ah that sounds really good, I’m in the UK. Don’t fancy going to A&E unless really really ill. The clinic would be fantastic here, especially at weekends! It seems impossible to get checked for ketones here?

Dark Horse

All GPs provide 'out of hours' services. You can phone your GP' s normal number - you should get a message informing you of how to access services for out of hours. The way it is covered varies from GP to GP - it can be based at a local A+E, minor injuries unit or a walk-in centre. If you can't find the information for any reason, dial 111 as they will have it and can also advise you.

In the mean time, if you are not taking medication for diabetes, it would be wise to avoid eating carbohydrates as these will be increasing your glucose level still further.