What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another day dawns

I am up very early so I decide to go for a walk by the beach. Fortunately I decide to take my phone and its camera along.

I am a keen amateur photographer. A hobby that has been a source of great pleasure over the years as I love travelling around Cyprus discovering new places through the unique perspective that a camera lens offers.

Yet for months now I have fealt reluctant to engage in this most favourite of activities, that eye on the world has remained firmly shut to me.

Until today.

I wish I had my proper camera along but that is just details.

Here are some of this mornings shots for you to enjoy (hopefully).

Maybe you will also see why I am always so keen to come away to our beach house on weekends.

Pavlos

PS Glucose at 6.2 this morning

View attachment 34271View attachment 34272View attachment 34273View attachment 34274View attachment 34275View attachment 34276View attachment 34277View attachment 34278View attachment 34279View attachment 34280View attachment 34281View attachment 34282

Absolutely stunningly beautiful photos!
>^..^<

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
fbg 8.6 at 5 am

That being in back up the 8's might be my fault. I have to be honest about this. I said before I needed to eat nothing at all from about midday or just after, until the next morning, in order to keep my fbg down.

Well last night I had one of those tiny packs of pork scratchings. I felt like it, but there was no need to do it. Yes I enjoyed it, but it wasn't necessary. I do eat food I enjoy in a morning, and so I wasn't in need of a treat.

Today I will be good from midday until tomorrow morning. And we shall see what tomorrow's fbg brings...

It will tell me if there could be a direct correlation...

>^.^<

Viv19

Another day dawns

I am up very early so I decide to go for a walk by the beach. Fortunately I decide to take my phone and its camera along.

I am a keen amateur photographer. A hobby that has been a source of great pleasure over the years as I love travelling around Cyprus discovering new places through the unique perspective that a camera lens offers.

Yet for months now I have fealt reluctant to engage in this most favourite of activities, that eye on the world has remained firmly shut to me.

Until today.

I wish I had my proper camera along but that is just details.

Here are some of this mornings shots for you to enjoy (hopefully).

Maybe you will also see why I am always so keen to come away to our beach house on weekends.

Pavlos

PS Glucose at 6.2 this morning

View attachment 34271View attachment 34272View attachment 34273View attachment 34274View attachment 34275View attachment 34276View attachment 34277View attachment 34278View attachment 34279View attachment 34280View attachment 34281View attachment 34282

Lovely photos pavlosn

Viv19

6.4 last night and 6.9 this morning. Still that’s not a bad bedtime reading- it must go down though. I need to shake off more weight. I’m obviously never going to get into ketosis so I’ll have to cut down on the calories. I’ve reached a sort of plateau so I’ll have to work harder at it.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Best wishes to your father in law on his birthday. Enjoy your day out and remember it is a special occasion so you you are aloud a bit of a treat ( should you want one).

I completely agree. Special occasions like this one are perfect for treats. I still don't go mad though. They do amazing desserts where we are going but they also do a cracking cheese board. I love their pate but its not the same without the bread. They make homemade bread and its thin and crisp and I will have this for sure. May even have a little of their homemade chutney. Their Sunday roasts are heavenly. Last one I had was prior to my dx. Usually go for evening meal so not on the menu. May have a roastie. May even have 2! It really does depend on how much wine I consume as to how bad (or good!) my day will be food wise! But I won't lose sleep over it. I'm going to enjoy the day. Its not often we are all together like this. The whole family will be there. Only 8 of us (we are small). I'm really looking forward to it. Weather good here too. Hope yours has cooled a little and you are more comfy. Awful being too hot.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Back to 4.8 today.
Received a phone call from the hospital yesterday morning to see if I was free at tea time for my CT scan! Can't believe that the scan is complete less than 7 days from consultation. Now to keep a 2 week migraine diary then to go back to doc for results
Take care

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm longing for this for breaky now! Do you have 2 course breakfasts every day? I like your style and will be copying asap. Not today though as saving myself (and my carbs) as its my father in laws 90th birthday and we are taking him out for lunch. 3 courses. Maybe even 4!!! With wine or prosecco....or both! So just coffee and cream this morning for me.
Yes I often do - but never have such a huge breakfast as I have had the last two days as I am in London on a course and the breakfast in the hotel is lovely.

The course is brilliant and overturns a lot of what we have previously learnt about how to teach exercise to our clients. It will especially help my back pain clients.

The teacher's thanked us for being so open minded as often they find that people cling into long held beliefs and give them a very hard time.

The course content was so important that I filmed a lot of it on my phone. Now my phone memory is so full that I can't receive texts or emails. Have spent half an hour trying to work out how to film on my kindle fire and have only just worked it out!

Last day of the course - down to breakfast.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to post 4.8 this morning. So for 3 years the protein levels I have eaten over the last two days always sent fasting BS rocketing. But not now. Although who knows what will happen in the future as diabetes likes to keep you 'on your toes and you can't take anything for granted.

PS: auto correct on kindle has gone into overdrive. Luckily I noticed before posting.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...heavy rain last night I blame Wimbledon (mens final today) so we have a lovely fresh cool breeze wafting in from the garden...coffee is ready then off to collect the chair I should have collected last weekend...dog fed...cat fed...more coffee for me then into action...woke to a 6.3

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@pavlosn stunning photos and excellent eye for a photo. @Debandez hope you and FIL have a great time today. @Krystyna23040 fascinating about the protein effect recently - can you replicate meals/portion sizes back home to see effects? So, meter would have me believe fbg was 4.4 today but it obviously wasn't and will never lead to a decent A1c. Nonetheless, that was the number shown and I have duly reported it here. Enjoy Sunday which will obviously be sopping as it is Cricket World cup final day.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all, 5.5 on the dice, cricket and F1 between chores today, not a massive tennis fan tbh, too much grunting and groaning.
Passed my exam yesterday so it's good to know that I'm still qualified to do the job I've been doing these last forty years.

Have a good day everyone.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 today. Hurrah!
Off to meet up with @Goonergal in London now and have a nice walk and chat.
@pavlosn and @SaskiaKC wonderful photos. Definitely worthy of a postcard.
@Debandez have a good day and enjoy the 90th bday party, that really is something worth celebrating.
@Bildad great news about the speed of your scan appt. hope you can get some relief from those debilitating migraines soon.
@Krystyna23040 your course sounds as if it’s been really worthwhile, and the breakfasts sound lovely. Great news about the protein bg effect too.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Good morning all, 5.5 on the dice, cricket and F1 between chores today, not a massive tennis fan tbh, too much grunting and groaning.
Passed my exam yesterday so it's good to know that I'm still qualified to do the job I've been doing these last forty years.

Well done on your fasting reading and for passing your exam

Cricket Tennis Grand Prix will be in charge of the remote a sports lovers paradise I shan’t nudge from the sofa today lol

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

@trick60 massive congratulations on passing the exam. @DJC3 fantastic 4s and enjoy your day with @Goonergal but how could you not watch ICCCWC final?:angelic:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 today. I can assure you it wont be this low tomorrow. Father in laws 90th today so it would be rude not to join in with the celebrations which include eating, drinking and making merry.

I had a lovely surprise this morning. Hubby turned to me and said 'I'm going to put the kettle on'. I resisted the urge to tell him it wouldnt suit him. Then I heard music. Not any old music. A grand piano playing kind of magnificent music. It gets better. Then came a harpsichord. Followed by a full orchestra. Sounded magnificent, as if they were in the house! They can't all fit in my end terrace I was thinking. And I wasnt wrong. When i had an early night last night (still not over my Lidl roll ordeal) hubby unpacked my birthday present from June (haven't had a minute before now). My new Yamaha YDP 143 digital piano which was bought to replace my good old honky tonk upright that had seen much better days). He set it all up as a surprise for me. I cried. So after writing this I'm going to discover just what this baby can do. And make hubby another coffee. Waitress service all day!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190714-105201_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190714-105201_eBay.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 212