What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another day dawns

I am up very early so I decide to go for a walk by the beach. Fortunately I decide to take my phone and its camera along.

I am a keen amateur photographer. A hobby that has been a source of great pleasure over the years as I love travelling around Cyprus discovering new places through the unique perspective that a camera lens offers.

Yet for months now I have fealt reluctant to engage in this most favourite of activities, that eye on the world has remained firmly shut to me.

Until today.

I wish I had my proper camera along but that is just details.

Here are some of this mornings shots for you to enjoy (hopefully).

Maybe you will also see why I am always so keen to come away to our beach house on weekends.

Pavlos

PS Glucose at 6.2 this morning

View attachment 34271View attachment 34272View attachment 34273View attachment 34274View attachment 34275View attachment 34276View attachment 34277View attachment 34278View attachment 34279View attachment 34280View attachment 34281View attachment 34282
Greece is a wonderful land and have great kind people there as well... have so many great memories from Greece from my youth

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 today, my eczema has totally gone now when I am high in carbs, I don't know if it is the high carbs or more vitamin C from strawberries, or if it is because I for a while took more folic acid supplements.. hmm but happy to have hands that can be used now that I am moving my stuff the next 2 weeks...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 today, my eczema has totally gone now when I am high in carbs, I don't know if it is the high carbs or more vitamin C from strawberries, or if it is because I for a while took more folic acid supplements.. hmm but happy to have hands that can be used now that I am moving my stuff the next 2 weeks...
Great news about the eczema going and best wishes for the impending move.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All. Just back home. 6.6 at 0730 which was acceptable after a large cod in batter and a dozen or so chips last night, plus rose wine.
@ianpspurs I am so sorry about the chickens, its almost like they knew the move was soon and they chose not to. Very sad but I hope you will get some more when you move. Enjoy the cricket. @DJC3 great fbg have a great time with @Goonergal. @Pavlos superb photos. @Bildad glad you got some prompt treatment. @trick60 well done on the exam. @Debandez enjoy your celebs with FIL 90 is a spcial one. Hope you entertain everyone on your new keyboard afters. @gennepher dont stress over one small bag of scratchings, it will all come good. @HarrisonK enjoy the garden. @Freema good about the excema relief. @Krystyna23040 interesting findings, you’re in a good place. @SaskiaKC hope you and the KC have a good day despite the storm not showing up to clear the air.
Phew...sorry if I left anyone out. Oh welcome home @karen8967 good fbg. @Bubbsie glad you are getting the captains chair, meant to be!
Enjoy Sunday and the sport. Stay well, stay safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit late this afternoon - family get togethers, BBQ’s, sampling very small bottling of scotch in Northumberland.
Anyhow - a Stirling 5.4 on the wonder wheel of fortunes and heartbreak.
Have a wonderful Sunday afternoon

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: Viv19

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 last night and 6.9 this morning. Still that’s not a bad bedtime reading- it must go down though. I need to shake off more weight. I’m obviously never going to get into ketosis so I’ll have to cut down on the calories. I’ve reached a sort of plateau so I’ll have to work harder at it.

I'll be interested in hearing what works for you. I was at 6.7 this morning and so far I haven't been able to put my pricked and bloody finger on what's causing these higher numbers. Sigh.

Reactions: Viv19

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just ordered a pair of glasses online. $15.95 total, which is muchmuchmuch lower than I have ever paid for anything but over-the-counter non-prescription sunglasses in the long-ago. I will be interested to literally see if these turn out to be the correct prescription! :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Very pleased to read this Freema, especially with your upcoming move

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Watching Djokovic v Federer in Wimbledon men's final.
Four games all in the fifth
Full of admiration for the fighting spirit of the two players under amazing pressure.
True fighters and real champions both of them.
20190714_194401.jpeg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 5.1 yesterday and 4.9 this morning.

a cool grey morning followed by a glorious afternoon today :happy:
Was feeling a bit fed up the last couple of days , for no real reason at all, funny how that works sometimes isn't it?

I do find that getting overtired makes me prone to 'the mulligrubs' but anyway the sunshine should help ;)
and If the good weather stays I may get the strimmer out and indulge my productive destructive tendencies whilst we wait in for a delivery which is promised for tomorrow :)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :)

Reactions: Viv19 and HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs @PenguinMum @DJC3 very interesting results with the increased protein.

@ianpspurs I know I can't replicate it at home because 2 days at that level is all I can cope with as a 10lb steak is truly enormous for me plus a huge breakfast. If had our dogs with me they would be truly happy dogs as they would have had a significant portion of it - which is probably why they absolutely love staying at hotels.

Today's protein much lower as I had a small chicken salad for lunch. Am now on the train to Downham Market with a coffee and a square of dark chocolate. My dinner.

@DJC3 the course was really worthwhile - although at the moment my brain does feel as though it has been fried trying to process all the information.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes I often do - but never have such a huge breakfast as I have had the last two days as I am in London on a course and the breakfast in the hotel is lovely.

The course is brilliant and overturns a lot of what we have previously learnt about how to teach exercise to our clients. It will especially help my back pain clients.

The teacher's thanked us for being so open minded as often they find that people cling into long held beliefs and give them a very hard time.

The course content was so important that I filmed a lot of it on my phone. Now my phone memory is so full that I can't receive texts or emails. Have spent half an hour trying to work out how to film on my kindle fire and have only just worked it out!

Last day of the course - down to breakfast.
hi Krystyna.

Do you not have access to any Cloud storage you could send video to ?
i use google drive, myself...unlimited storage for photos, ...IF you are happy to not have them saved in LARGE format.

If you free up pic space, you may be able to get more videos on phone perhaps..or even save some video to Cloud storage.
GDRIVE
PC Mag Google Photos.
&
FREE CLOUD STORAGE

(tip is that you can open SEVERAL Gmail accounts, krystyna 1 ,krystyna2, krystynaA, krystynaB,etc..each gives you a FREE storage space of 15 GB for EACH Email account.
comes in handy if you just want to reply to any sites, you are not too sure about, without clogging up your original email account with resulting spam, etc )

Most of what i have is only ever looked at on line or on the mobile, so no real loss of quality perceptible to my old eyes, but others may want to print, which may need paid storage of some kind.

Gdrive (and others perhaps) helps keep the phone free and groups the pics in a most sensible fashion.
Faces, peoples, places, things, etc...saves having to tag and rename pics endlessly.
sure the same is true for apple..
Also drop box and others are out there, so worth checking which one might be best suited for your needs.

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don’t think flip flops were public knowledge in the 1950’s in our somewhat dazzling social circles.
I had a pair of boots to go to school in and a pair of wellies for playing out. Boots had segs and tricounis in; you could make sparks and also slides in the playground.

I remember back in the late '50s or early '60s when by September our flip-flops wore down to almost nothing at the toes (I don't know why the toe-end wore out first) and sometimes the thong came loose because the wear on the sole had worn out the hole. I now have a pair of flip-flops that are at least 5 years old and show almost no wear at all -- which probably says as much about my current lifestyle as about the material of which they're made.