Just had my ramps nicked

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Just had my ramps nicked to get out the back door :twisted:

I had someone in my garden time i took me to get to the back door was one in the garden
Asking if could cut a tree

Told him to ****** off then noticed my alloy ramps had vanished :evil:

Grrrrrrrrr

Phoned police told no chance

[RussG mod edit for potentially offensive language]

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
Nice... :evil:

People can really put you off the human race can't they?

Sorry to hear about that.

Dillinger

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Some people don't deserve to belong to the human race :evil:

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I thought I'd seen it all living in South London but I cant believe that Bob, absolute scum. What is this world coming to :cry:

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
I second that - absolute scum - they'll be selling them for scrap metal, we had outside taps cut away with bolt cutters a few months ago. If you can find fibre glass replacements it may be best in the long run.

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ring your local scrap merchants and ask if anyone has brought them in, you just may be able to get them back before they melt them down. Might be worth a shot.

Hope you get sorted, can you claim on your insurance for them or anything?

These folks will take anything whether it is nailed down or not....something has got to happen soon before someone is killed as a result of some of their actions!!

All the best
Angie

bowell

Dislikes
Lucky i have ramp installed with decking to front door with small Verandah so i can still escape that way ,Will not pinch the wooden one I hope :!:

Was a semi perm alloy ramp bolted down £1200 worth our house is built on a Hill
House insurance are not playing ball ether saying its not covered :evil:

Looks like i will have to put wooden decking down and include ramp to the back now
wood looks better anyway ,

Coppers have been around and will visit local scrap yards i have phoned a few no luck

Missing ramp like this
disability-_house-_ramp.jpg

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That's sad to hear Bob and just hope the Police catch the culprits! :x I'm surprised that the ramps aren't covered on the insurance as they normally do cover garden/garage/shed goods.

Nigel

minitata

That is terrible. Have you contacted your local paper? If you can get them to take notice then any local scrap dealer may contact you if they are offered them.

MTT

bowell

Dislikes
House insurance backed down ,when ,my wife called them nagged them to death :wink:
Going to stump up full amount ,When have copy of Org invoice Pewwwwwww
turned house upside down just to find the the invoice :?

Should have the dosh in two weeks ,give me time to get some quotes in
Think i will have decking put down this time

Police came around today see if we have anything else easy to steal
and checked all our locks are up the scratch
Police have been to all the local scrap yards Nothing
and a few Do-as-you-likey camps still nothing

Someone else up the Road had there Lawn mower . Chest freezer full of meat
and the kids bikes Nicked out of the garage

Bob

C

catherinecherub

Hi Bob,

So pleased you have got this sorted with the insurance. There are some despicable thieves out there. :(

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I'm glad your wife managed to get the insurance to toe the line. Give her the first prize for nagging and never tell her off for it again :wink:

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
I get surprised by the depths that people have fallen. Kids should get it drummed into their heads from a young age that if it isn't theirs - Don't touch it. I find parents let their kids pick up other people's stuff at parks and swimming pools and are quite happy for them to take it home. I've just had kids to babysit who were quite happy to open my cupboards, fridge and pick up anything they wanted??? Gee, I must be getting old.

So sorry to hear someone robbed you and I do hope they get caught. No wonder more and more people are installing CCTV in their homes and yards.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
bowell said:
House insurance backed down ,when ,my wife called them nagged them to death :wink:

Sounds like the norm for insurance companies, soon enough to take their money but quick enough to get out of paying, sometimes you do have to hound them to get a result. Next time I have to claim I'll borrow your Mrs for the day! :)

Nigel

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
catherinecherub said:
Hi Bob,

So pleased you have got this sorted with the insurance. There are some despicable thieves out there. :(

Do you mean the Insurance co are despicable thieves?

I am horrified that the thieves have no sense of honour, when the ramp was obviously needed.

Stealing a person's necessities is indeed despicable.

Exd 22:25 "If you lend money to one of my people among you who is needy, do not be like a moneylender; charge him no interest.
26 If you take your neighbor's cloak as a pledge, return it to him by sunset,

[RussG: mod edit for potentially offensive language]

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Unbelievable. Dirty b*stards. Glad to hear the insurance will stump up.

[RussG: mod edit for potentially offensive language]

RussG

Just for transparency, I've edited this thread because a number of unpleasant and potentially racially abusive terms were used. If anyone has a issue with this, please PM me to discuss.

Bob, I'm glad your insurance company will pay out and someone nicking your ramps is a despicable act, irrespective of their background.

viv1969

Bob, sorry to hear some b**ggers nicked your ramp, but pleased to hear that the Mrs managed to persuade the insurance to do the right thing. Maybe hook the next one up to the mains whilst not in use...that way if they try to nick them again, they'll still be there for you to catch in the morning! :twisted: :twisted: