Vegan/Vegetarian Products You Love and Recommend Trying!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@therower just calling it flatbread is fine by me. Most places also use a v or ve symbol if someone is worried about specifics. Not sure about lack of popularity due to the name, most omnivores would still consider it I think.
I felt putting vegan in the main title was in some ways alienating it.
Flatbread v or ve seemed a better option. Just curios what people here thought.

Reactions: Robinredbreast
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I have to ask for the' allergy menu, we did at a new eatery Saturday night and was given the allergy free menu and a Vegan menu too, so it is popula/ Curry was on the allergy free menu, but when we double checked I couldn't eat it !! so frustrating, It's a brand new pub, 2 months old, Marstons pubs, also, a blog called Vegan Womble.

This quote is confusing ;
Quotes 'It's unusual to find a pub chain where you don't have to ask for their allergens information before ordering vegan food' '
We have to congratulate Marston’s on introducing a vegan menu that is different to most that we come across. Not only that, but their partnership with Moving Mountains is an incredibly strong move. I only wish we could buy those burgers in our supermarkets because it was wow in a bun.
What I will say is the menu is slightly confusing. They have placed vegan marks for some of the meals but all are suitable for vegans. I think there might be a graphic designer somewhere who went a bit icon happy '

Last edited:
Reactions: WuTwo and Marie 2

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@therower
Like @Mel dCP, says, it makes it easier to find it. A percentage of the restaurants in the US will label items, V, Vegan, vegan optional etc. It will vary area to area. I don't think I have ever heard it being a detriment, I think it's pretty accepted and considered a plus. There is a huge increase of vegans and vegetarians here, plus a lot of people that eat vegan/vege just because they want to some of the time .

t

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Walnut Acres Baked Beans with onion and maple! Delicious with fake hot dogs cut in it.

Reactions: WuTwo

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
This is really good with veggies or pasta. Low carb too!

upload_2019-7-17_20-47-37.png
upload_2019-7-17_20-48-2.png

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I’m not sure the name “Nutcheese” would sell very well here in the U.K... :hilarious:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I’m not sure the name “Nutcheese” would sell very well here in the U.K... :hilarious:

You have a filthy low mind but I gotta say I laughed a very Sid James laugh when I read your comment.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Parmela -It’s not a cheap item even when you find it in stores. Lucky Vitamins online is where I get it from now.. They make cheeses too that some people really love, smaller company that started expanding a few years ago from southern California area.

Reactions: WuTwo

Rylando88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Great - I love broccoli. I wont be buying the packs of frozen cauliflower rice already made, as it too expensive. But buying fresh or frozen florets sounds good. Thanks

In Asda they do frozen bags of small micro packs of caulirice for £2 and u get 4 packs in each, these are great!!

Reactions: Marie 2

Ricky

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
New one I found - it may have been in Waitrose - not cheap . Move Over Meat was the brand and I tried the Revolution burgers and they actually tasted like meat - low carb.
BTW I wouldn't touch most vegan cheese as it is just carbs and oil and so little protein.
I also like Vivera products - stir fry the shwarma with stir fry veg- delish.

Walking Girl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just had these! I decided to dive in and order off of Amazon and hope I wasn’t wasting money. Yummy! The noodles had a great “al dente” texture. While they don’t have quite as much flavor as regular pasta (does that really have much flavor anyway?), if you like a tasty sauce you will not notice the difference. I tested 2 hours after eating. I didn’t test before I ate, but I was 99 (5.4) at 2 hours so I feel comfortable with the carb count on the box. I don’t know what countries you can get them in...

https://www.amazon.com/Explore-Cuisine-Organic-Edamame-Fettuccine/dp/B004UB9P38/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Explore+Cuisine&qid=1564440250&s=gateway&sr=8-3&th=1

Walking Girl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Marie 2

They were very good. I’m kind of used to either springy or mushy texture when I try to recreate pasta, but the texture was perfect. I made a chunky pesto with pine nuts and a two huge handfuls of basil from the garden, blistered a large handful of cherry tomatoes and...ate :)

By the way, I’m awaiting delivery of NutCheese (LOL) from vegan essentials. That’s an interesting (and random) website. So, thank you for posting that!

Reactions: Guna108

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Thank You!!! I posted the picture of Nutcheese, but WuTwo posted the link to Vegan Essentials. I do order off and on from them as they carry some stuff that is harder to get.

I don't know how anyone charges for shipping to where you live, since we moved I always get charged shipping now. I am in the states but on an island. But here are some ideas.

I get misc food items from the list below, possible sources of US brands

Lucky Vitamins, it will vary by weight. They carry the most variety it seems, but their rewards program isn't that great and be careful of buying something "autoship" most expensive on shipping for me,
Vitacost, which is better because it has a flat rate shipping charge for non continental US, UK I don't know?
iherb, which doesn't carry as much food but adjusts the charges by weight and you get shipping charges lowered if you are buying supplements which net them more of a profit so they discount the shipping. Plus with iherb if you have an account you get 5-10% back on most purchases towards your next purchase. There again,this could be a US thing.
Amazon, who has the biggest range, but not always has everything and not always the cheapest.