Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hehe anyone would think I'm a junkie lol. My needle shields. Takes the pain away from injecting. These are a godsend View attachment 34314View attachment 34315

Never heard of needle shields until now. Sometimes I get pain and bruises from injecting, but it's just part of the course and I'm used to it.
I wonder how other's, 40 years + managed their diabetes with those big needles ( I had syringes to start with) :wideyed::inpain:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Never heard of needle shields until now. Sometimes I get pain and bruises from injecting, but it's just part of the course and I'm used to it.
I wonder how other's, 40 years + managed their diabetes with those big needles ( I had syringes to start with) :wideyed::inpain:
Meh. With the amount of tattoos I have, I can't really shy away from needles!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Meh. With the amount of tattoos I have, I can't really shy away from needles!

It's not the tatt needles that needle me, I just don't want one, even though all my three children have them, youngest one only has a couple of small ones and one is a cloud with the word dad.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
It is good to be home. I have eaten lunch (was very hungry) and now feel exceptionally dopey.

Boss and his son both hae huge and dreadul colds. Yay - I sooooo look forward to catching that and getting my next course of antibiotics when the cold progresses into some filthy chest infection. I must get the echinacea out. And the garlic! Need to eat more garlic.

One of the best dishes I have ever had for a cold was in a student cookbook and it was Garlic soup. I wish I could find the recipe although I will say that I made grown men faint when I breathed out!

edited for weird typing being in there

Reactions: hh1

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It is good to be home. I have eaten lunch *=(was very hungry) and now feel exceptionally dopey.

Boss and his son both hae huge and dreadul colds. Yay - I sooooo look forward to catching that and getting my next course of antibiotics when the cold progresses into some filthy chest infection. I must get the echinacea out. And the garlic! Need to eat more garlic.

One of the best dishes I have ever had for a cold was in a student cookbook and it was Garlic soup. I wish I could find the recipe although I will say that I made grown men faint when I breathed out!
I make a good vampire killing hummus... used to be trad chickpea based, but now I use roasted cauliflower.

Reactions: WuTwo

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hehe anyone would think I'm a junkie lol. My needle shields. Takes the pain away from injecting. These are a godsend
I looked them up to see how they work. To me it looks like it's the same 5mm needle as a normal insulin needle, only it's automatically covered before and after injecting to prevent accidents.
So how do they take away the pain from injecting?

Reactions: hh1

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I looked them up to see how they work. To me it looks like it's the same 5mm needle as a normal insulin needle, only it's automatically covered before and after injecting to prevent accidents.
So how do they take away the pain from injecting?
I think it's psychological. I was given some by mistake and they don't feel any different. TBH I preferred watching the needle go in, so I knew I'd put the insulin in the right place.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Mel dCP and @WuTwo do your garlic infusions save you from colds and the like because no one will come anywhere near you ... regardless of whether they have a cold or not?

Vampires run away - and they have a surprising number of really nasty colds!

And both are known to be good natural anti-bug foods. I guess they help psychologically, and possibly physically. I feel they've helped me.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@helensaramay - that was definitely a good one! And very different to the cabbage/curly hair type that everyone said.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon friends, I was 9.3 this morning and finally no more hypos
We are still eating the food my mum brought over yesterday. My mum said to me “you look like you’ve lost some weight” and my bf replied “you haven’t seen her in tight clothing”.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Afternoon friends, I was 9.3 this morning and finally no more hypos
We are still eating the food my mum brought over yesterday. My mum said to me “you look like you’ve lost some weight” and my bf replied “you haven’t seen her in tight clothing”.

I'd have thumped him!

Last edited:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hopefully, the gas saga is over as I arrived home to find the hole in the garden all covered up and all is neat and tidy again.

I think I can keep going for another 48 hours before collapsing in heap to recover from the academic year. I do have the diabetes training day to get through first plus a mandatory safeguarding training, which I have a horrid feeling about being one I've done already, turned up for the second one, from which I was sent away with all due haste as there may well have been truth in the trainer's hasty statement as I appeared in the doorway to query why I was doing it again. "You've already done this one, and I think we'd better not put us through the agony twice.".

Mind you, it may have been a bit foolish to join the annual walk the parish boundary 9 miles walk yesterday. We've already moved it to a time convenient to us (most people who do this do it on 6th Sunday after Easter) but in the meantime, Wimbledon have shifted their times, and between that and the cricket we had our smallest group of walkers for some years. It's a lovely, unexpectedly rural walk for what is a city parish, with more stiles than most of our older walkers like to tackle in the last 3 miles.