Insulin pump insurance.

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just started using a pump but have yet to insure it. Can anybody recommend a insurer? Thanks.

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I use
https://insurance4insulinpumps.co.uk/
They will replace the same day and cover you when abroad, its very difficult to get this on household. :)
Many thanks. Now insured with these guys, they seemed like the only players in the market. I couldn't add to my home insurance but was worth a try. Anyway first night on a pump went ok bumping along low 4's all night.

Reactions: porl69

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Many thanks. Now insured with these guys, they seemed like the only players in the market. I couldn't add to my home insurance but was worth a try. Anyway first night on a pump went ok bumping along low 4's all night.

Long story but my house insurance 7+ years ago got cancelled after I tried to add my pump and never found out for nearly 60 days. They claimed they would not insure medical equipment so just cancelled. Needless to say I changed house and pump.

hboyt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Sorry to be ignorant....but why do you get insurance for pumps? Doesn't the mfg replacement them if something goes wrong?

Reactions: Banacheque

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They have a warranty if something goes wrong but that does not cover if you lose or damage the pump.
It's just like a car - you car can be under warranty but if you drive it into a wall, you have to pay to get it straightened out.
And my pump is probably more valuable than my car!

hboyt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
They have a warranty if something goes wrong but that does not cover if you lose or damage the pump.
It's just like a car - you car can be under warranty but if you drive it into a wall, you have to pay to get it straightened out.

Good to know! thanks for letting me know...i'll have to get it insured!