What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: left over slow cooked gammon with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coconut chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: tuna melts with roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola. (I made more tuna melts than usual while I was at it this time, has anyone frozen this type of thing successfully? I want to try if they last that long!)

EDB8D2EC-FC94-4417-AEF4-E505B97F2D72.jpeg

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Day 3 of owning up. No consideration of portion sizes.
B. Cheddar cheese omelette, black tea, black coffee
L. Small cube of Blacksticks Blue cheese, 2 Tuscan bites, 2 plum tomatoes, a chickpea and spinach roll, tea.
Snack. Lots of salted, roasted mixed nuts, tea
D. Beetroot and mint dip with carrot batons then smoked mackerel fillet with salad and grilled artichokes, 3 strawberries.

foxglove

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders - especially the big black ones!
Breakfast Kellogs rice krispies 100g with Semi Skimmed milk
Lunch Bonne Maman creme caramel 1pot
Snack small piece carrot cake
Dinner Salmon [tinned] 100g Salad cream 25g Wholemeal bread 2slices

Cals 1244 Carbs 171 Protein 44 Sodium 1168 Fibre 7

Reactions: gennepher

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Day 3 of owning up. No consideration of portion sizes.
B. Cheddar cheese omelette, black tea, black coffee
L. Small cube of Blacksticks Blue cheese, 2 Tuscan bites, 2 plum tomatoes, a chickpea and spinach roll, tea.
Snack. Lots of salted, roasted mixed nuts, tea
D. Beetroot and mint dip with carrot batons then smoked mackerel fillet with salad and grilled artichokes, 3 strawberries.
Sounds great. I want to come round to your place!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, sounds like you had a lovely day - is that a china mug you took with you for coffee on your walk? That is dedication!
It doesn’t sound like a lot of food to me - although all lovely. Was it a 2 or 3 egg frittata?. It really does help me figure out where I can tweak, so thanks again.
Frittata was shared with oh - he had large half - about 60% of it. Made with four rashers bacon, six mushrooms about 100g of chicken and 100g of cheese and five eggs. Back to three meals tomorrow.
A melamine mug for Walking!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All,

No B
L: 4 butter chicken thighs
D: a double burger and 4 onion rings while out with friends. Lush burger!!! Left 90% of fries and all the bun, coleslaw and garnish. Quite a small meal really, without all the twiddles.

Unfortunately, gluten in the onion rings. But these are world class onion rings. Amazing. Famous. With a smattering of cumin seeds and the most unbelievable batter. I am helpless, helpless in the face of them.

Leave Mr B in charge of the dog pack for just 3 hours, and to what do I return...?
3 cases off doggy flatulence.
Heaven knows what he fed them.
He is taking the 5th.
About to go to bed.
Window wide.

D

Deleted member 308541

Just noticed why the usual cage eggs we get each fortnite were not available last week, the store was using up all of it's old stock before increasing the price by 25 cents to $3.25 a dozen.

The cage ones that were a substitute replacement are a slightly bigger extra large, at $3.50 a dozen.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs & @Viv19 - the Skinny Bread. I made mine last Wednesday and I'm still eating it although it is being toasted now. I suspect tomorrow will be its last day. There isn't much left though. I wrap it in kitchen towel and keep it in the bread bin.
A very warm muggy day. Resting before chaos descends tomorrow in the form of the 2 grandsons. Will be getting Mum & Dad to the station before heading back to lunch club with the boys for 2 hours during which I'll have to decide what I'm giving them for lunch/dinner over the next few days.
Bed 7.2 FBG 7.3.
B. TAG with ADOC then off to Aqua
L. 2 slices toasted skinny bread with Philadelphia and wafer thin ham.
D. 1 beef kebab with chimichurri and 2 veggie kebabs with courgette, peppers and halloumi. Since I'd made them I had a LC creme brulee with a few berries.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you think the instant pot is worth having? The Amazon price here is €79 for the 6 litre size.

I love mine. It is the quickest, easiest, way to delicious food that I have found (and eternal gratitude to @DCUKMod for introducing me to it).

Have a google for instant pot recipes. Basically they are usually ‘add all ingredients, switch on, come back x mins later. Eat’

That is my kinda food. :D

Reactions: Viv19 and maglil55

Viv19

I love mine. It is the quickest, easiest, way to delicious food that I have found (and eternal gratitude to @DCUKMod for introducing me to it).

Have a google for instant pot recipes. Basically they are usually ‘add all ingredients, switch on, come back x mins later. Eat’

That is my kinda food. :D

Ok it sounds good. What about the size? Is the 6 litre too enormous for a 2 people household? We do have a number of visitors but obviously quantities are not what used to be cooked.

Reactions: maglil55
D

Deleted member 308541

What about the size? Is the 6 litre too enormous for a 2 people household?
I know you are on about a different appliance, our slow cooker is just under 6 ltrs. this does just the two of us plus a couple of meals to stash away in the freezer. this is not a problem cooking large peices of salt meat though.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There you go. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2609649-tandoori-lamb-chops

As MrB has a golf match, I'm having the two extra thighs I put in the marinade on Wednesday, having frozen then in marinade. I'm expecting magnificence.

If they "mature" as I hope in the freezer, and during the defrosting process, I'll do another batch and freeze them all.

As I say, I air fried them last time.

Thank you - air frying is a great idea too.