Type 2 Ricotta and creme fraiche

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
I made cauliflower and broccoli cheese today using 8 week blood sugar diet book using ricotta and creme fraiche as the cheese sauce.

My levels were pretty good considering this week but they still rose more than i thought.

Started at 5.4 (yay my first one in over a week) and ended up 8.

So not bad but higher than I thought.

Also had pork chop, coleslaw, salad (including tomatoes and beet, pepper radish and rocket and cucumber) no dressing.

The cauliflower and broccoli cheese also included pancetta.
I didn’t eat any of the fat on the chop. Couldn’t face it today.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Creme fraiche is quite low carb I believe.

Btw Mrs Listlad is going to do roast belly pork tomorrow. She tends to cook it till it’s crispy, which for me makes the fat more palatable.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Creme fraiche is quite low carb I believe.

Btw Mrs Listlad is going to do roast belly pork tomorrow. She tends to cook it till it’s crispy, which for me makes the fat more palatable.

Yea I can’t seem to get it right. I used a roasting bag but it was still tough as sold boots and the fat was too fatty and mushy.

Can’t seem to cook them and get them tender.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yea I can’t seem to get it right. I used a roasting bag but it was still tough as sold boots and the fat was too fatty and mushy.

Can’t seem to cook them and get them tender.
Best recipe we have found

https://rasamalaysia.com/pork-belly-recipe-siu-yuk/

you have to scroll down the page quite a long way to get to the recipe.. the 5 spice and garlic are optional.. the salt cap essential.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
I made cauliflower and broccoli cheese today using 8 week blood sugar diet book using ricotta and creme fraiche as the cheese sauce.

My levels were pretty good considering this week but they still rose more than i thought.

Started at 5.4 (yay my first one in over a week) and ended up 8.

So not bad but higher than I thought.

Also had pork chop, coleslaw, salad (including tomatoes and beet, pepper radish and rocket and cucumber) no dressing.

The cauliflower and broccoli cheese also included pancetta.
I didn’t eat any of the fat on the chop. Couldn’t face it today.
Shop bought coleslaw can contain added sugar and if beet is the same as beetroot in UK then all root vege contain more carbohydrate than most above ground vege. These could have contributed to your increase in blood glucose levels.