Lantus to tresiba

OdinsBeard

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone had any experience switching? I've found myself sleeping heavily and struggling to wake up. Only second day on it.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @OdinsBeard - What your BG levels like ? I switched from lantus to tresiba and it took a good few weeks to bed in and get my dose right, but was well worth it in the end.

Reactions: OdinsBeard

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Totally agree with @Juicyj I was switched 6 months ago and took around 4 weeks to get it correct. Then another 4 weeks to get the dosage correct. Hey ho thats the joys of diabetes :D

OdinsBeard

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks, I am seeing better blood results already taking 4 units less of tresiba. I sleep much better but am struggling to wake up. Is this common?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thanks, I am seeing better blood results already taking 4 units less of tresiba. I sleep much better but am struggling to wake up. Is this common?

I didn't have any issues with sleep, but it will take time for your body to adjust to the new insulin so give it a while and see how it goes, you are only a couple of days in so far :)

Reactions: OdinsBeard

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I struggle to wake every morning.....my other half always states I am a lazy sod lol

No I never had any problems sleeping or waking up when I was switched

Nooch1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just been switch but my novarapid has been stopped with out telling me why been in hospital for 3 wks now keep asking but don’t get an answer blood suger are between 15-20 but on Lantas my suger where between 10-13 which is much better

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just been switch but my novarapid has been stopped with out telling me why been in hospital for 3 wks now keep asking but don’t get an answer blood suger are between 15-20 but on Lantas my suger where between 10-13 which is much better
What?! Why on earth would they stop your bolus?!

Nooch1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don’t have a I use to have 32 unit with breakfast,30 units lunch and 18unit for dinner then some time correction dose at bedtime now only getting 20unit at dinner time

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don’t have a I use to have 32 unit with breakfast,30 units lunch and 18unit for dinner then some time correction dose at bedtime now only getting 20unit at dinner time
That's dangerous! Are you eating breakfast and lunch without NovoRapid?!!

sweetbloodsher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cilantro, liver, rudeness, cruelty, impatience, prejudice, hatred. kale
I never had trouble waking up, but recall it's difficult b/c you need a different number of units when switching. Going from Tresiba back to Lantus, I started low and gradually moved up.

ElizaChota

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Insulin. (Takes over my life)
I have three types of insulin. And I'm on Tresiba and it does make me sleepy. But as I said I am on three types of insulin and I don't really know which one is making me tired.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I have three types of insulin. And I'm on Tresiba and it does make me sleepy. But as I said I am on three types of insulin and I don't really know which one is making me tired.

Hello there, you've posted in an old thread so your post won't get much visibility, it's best to create a new thread for responses, let me know if you need help with that :)

SimonCrox

Hi

Are you sure that it is the tresiba? Do you think that you could be going hypo overnight? That could make you tired during day. On the other hand, if your glucose levels were too high, that could also make you tired.

There are many causes of tiredness so it might be worth seeing your family doctor plus a blood test eg for anaemia, underactive thyroid, diabetes control

Good luck and best wishes

ElizaChota

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Insulin. (Takes over my life)
Hi

Are you sure that it is the tresiba? Do you think that you could be going hypo overnight? That could make you tired during day. On the other hand, if your glucose levels were too high, that could also make you tired.

There are many causes of tiredness so it might be worth seeing your family doctor plus a blood test eg for anaemia, underactive thyroid, diabetes control

Good luck and best wishes

I am on iron pills for anemia too. I don't know what is making me tired. The only reason why I'm on iron pills for anemia long term is because whenever I do get off the pills I will always get anemic again. So it can't be anemia because I've been on iron pills for over 6 months. And we're trying many types of insulin and I am on Janumet twice a day as well. Thanks for the advice, I'm going to make sure that my doctor checks these things out.