Type 1 diabetes and high blood glucose fastings in 28th week of pregnancy

ae45

I am going to see my doctor today but just wondering, does this happen with anyone else. My bedtime bg level is normal but I wakeup with high bg levels even after increasing lantus by 2 units.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I am going to see my doctor today but just wondering, does this happen with anyone else. My bedtime bg level is normal but I wakeup with high bg levels even after increasing lantus by 2 units.

Hi and congratulations on your pregnancy :) I had my daughter nearly 19 years ago and I remember having some highs, but mainly lows with minimum insulin. Different trimester's affect our bodies in pregnancy, what type of diabetes do you have as It's not visible on your avatar ?
Good luck at the doctor's today, he may say to increase your insulin by another couple of units. Take care
Edited, I see you have Type 1 in the thread title, oopps :oops:

Last edited:

ae45

Hi and congratulations on your pregnancy :) I had my daughter nearly 19 years ago and I remember having some highs, but mainly lows with minimum insulin. Different trimester's affect our bodies in pregnancy, what type of diabetes do you have as It's not visible on your avatar ?
Good luck at the doctor's today, he may say to increase your insulin by another couple of units. Take care
Edited, I see you have Type 1 in the thread title, oopps :oops:
Hey, I went to my doctor and he does recommend an increase in my basal insulin which has solved the problem. I have type 1 diabetes since I was 3 years old.