What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Warning, this posting contains words if used in certain ways might cause offence and upset those who have no idea of the absurd, if you feel you might be of that nature please, please read no further.

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen apologies for my absence from the thread for a few days. I have been doing compulsory community service, let me explain.
Mrs J who has connections.
Arranged for me to be tagged and banished to my shed her argument being thus.
It would be doing the community a service if I was kept off the streets and kept in solitary confinement for a few days or so.

During my sentence my fasting blood sugars have been between 8.5 and 5.4 today.

Well folks a neighbour has been breeding successfully for a couple of years Haggis's ( it's a sort of local secret which we keep out of the media ). Unfortunately 3 of the little blighters escaped into Mrs J's flower beds where they terrorised the few surviving felines that are brave enough to enter into my garden!
Needless to say Haggis's are a delicacy, now I have caught the 3, how shall prepare them for the table?
1. Kebab wif garlic,
2. Oven roast,
3. Pot roast.
Have a good day folks.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.3 again this morning so need to address that.
Quick one today as going out early. Lovely sunny day again. Did a mahoosive watering of garden last night so dont need to today and the unpredictibles predict storms on Thursday. We’ll see.
Have a great Tuesday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.
P.S. @ianpspurs pic please of you wearing the ratcatching plusfours, what colour shoes and socks would you wear with them?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Warning, this posting contains words if used in certain ways might cause offence and upset those who have no idea of the absurd, if you feel you might be of that nature please, please read no further.

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen apologies for my absence from the thread for a few days. I have been doing compulsory community service, let me explain.
Mrs J who has connections.
Arranged for me to be tagged and banished to my shed her argument being thus.
It would be doing the community a service if I was kept off the streets and kept in solitary confinement for a few days or so.

During my sentence my fasting blood sugars have been between 8.5 and 5.4 today.

Well folks a neighbour has been breeding successfully for a couple of years Haggis's ( it's a sort of local secret which we keep out of the media ). Unfortunately 3 of the little blighters escaped into Mrs J's flower beds where they terrorised the few surviving felines that are brave enough to enter into my garden!
Needless to say Haggis's are a delicacy, now I have caught the 3, how shall prepare them for the table?
1. Kebab wif garlic,
2. Oven roast,
3. Pot roast.
Have a good day folks.
Haggis scotch eggs are excellent - you will need left handed ones. I have heard that some folk breed vegetarian haggis but fancy breeding usually results in bad breathing and knee problems.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.3 again this morning so need to address that.
Quick one today as going out early. Lovely sunny day again. Did a mahoosive watering of garden last night so dont need to today and the unpredictibles predict storms on Thursday. We’ll see.
Have a great Tuesday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.
P.S. @ianpspurs pic please of you wearing the ratcatching plusfours, what colour shoes and socks would you wear with them?
@PenguinMum Suffolk pink for shoes and socks on high days and holidays is all the go amongst arrivistes I am told. I favour a traditional brown shoe for everyday wear https://hollandscountryclothing.co.uk/products/catesby-leather-brogue-shoe-with-commando-sole with a tasteful beige sock https://hollandscountryclothing.co.uk/products/hj-hall-cotton-rich-boot-sock. There must not be pictures as the game and rats have taken to social media like ducks to water:)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today. Greek yoghurt with a few walnuts thrown in for a quick breaky. Moussaka for dinner, prepared last night, always better the next day. To be served with a lovely crisp salad with lashings of mayo! Lunch if I'm up for it will be a choc and nut sea salt bar from Aldi (5.9g) with a cuppa.

Still not caught up on thread but will at some point, like to read every post. Paperwork now then shopping after. Then jetwashing flags at son's house.

Yesterday I attended the PPG networking meeting. Very good. Today I'm in a meeting at a local surgery to see how I can help, maybe a presentation on my journey to pts that are struggling with controlling bs or want to lose a few lbs. Looking forward to that.

Here is fellow t2d Andy Bishop (on social media, Facebook, Twitter etc) in full flow doing what he does so well:

https://lowcarbfreshwell.co.uk/getting-involved/

Happy Tuesday. I'm very happy as Maura got together with Curtis in Love Island last night (I know I know!!!).

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...started off my day yesterday full of enthusiasm until the dreaded notices arrived...two innocent looking letters popped through the letterbox settled with my coffee to read them... was it a lottery win or had someone had left me a fortune...none of that...two fines for entering a 'bus gate' while I was working in Birmingham once on the way there & another on the way home...slightly better news today woke to a 5.8

I really sympathise. Hugs x

I hate those bus things. I was driving in London, my son lives there. I had picked him up near Tower Bridge, and was trying to go to somewhere he wanted. Turn here he says (there was blocked roadworks they way I needed to go). No I said, it’s a bus station. Yeah it’s okay you can go round the side he said. No I’ll get fined. Plenty of people do it he said and it is okay. I didn’t have time for any more arguing, traffic was piling up behind me and I believe with a cacophony of horns. So I did it.

But as you can guess...smile your picture is being taken...

My son may be in his 40’s (he has never driven), but he got a hiding...and the fine...

>^..^<

Viv19

So, I went fbg level hunting this morning. Tried on several as I was looking for a stout, practical outfit suited to county rambles, pottering around old ruins, rat catching followed by a brisk rub down with turnip monthly. After much deliberation settled on the fetching plus four and jacket ensemble at a rather decent 5.2. http://www.charleswall.co.uk/charle...nds/Ratcatcher-made-to-measure-plus-fours.htm
I rather fancy the Suffolk natives will see me as one of their own attired thus. One needs to make the effort for these people.

Tha’ll be roit boiy

Viv19

@PenguinMum Suffolk pink for shoes and socks on high days and holidays is all the go amongst arrivistes I am told. I favour a traditional brown shoe for everyday wear https://hollandscountryclothing.co.uk/products/catesby-leather-brogue-shoe-with-commando-sole with a tasteful beige sock https://hollandscountryclothing.co.uk/products/hj-hall-cotton-rich-boot-sock. There must not be pictures as the game and rats have taken to social media like ducks to water:)

Suffolk pink came from mixing blood into whatever else it was that they slapped in the outside of the cottages. Pretty colour though.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Bubbsie here is a hug for the Busgate notices. We don't have those here that I know of but I believe single drivers can get ticketed for driving in the carpool lane when alone in their cars.

@Viv19 and @dunelm y'all are making me hungry and impatient for Friday when I will be able to get fish & chips at the grocery store next door. There I will have a choice of cod or catfish. And hopefully will be able to resist buying the "potato wedges" as they are called there.

@ianpspurs I have gone down a "size" in my own FBG this morning. Peter the Meter found me a nice round 6 among his stock, which I accepted with pleasure. Off now to Google whether a stock is required wear with ratcatcher or just a nice ratcatcher shirt ...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Tha’ll be roit boiy
I'm now goin ta learn Suffolk. Quite fluent in Norfolk from 4 years teaching there but these guys are some rum coves . They have evolved to be highly adept at taking one's money almost invisibly. I am told Sundays are very quiet apart from a weird rustling and chinking sound which lasts for hours. Apparently it emanates from counting money. Removing mattresses is apparently compulsory but must only be done in secret by the oldest male. @SaskiaKC a sturdy stick is essential as rats can be vicious when cornered - some of their tweets are noxious rambling on about me and my squad going back to where I come from.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But as you can guess...smile your picture is being taken...
I had never heard of a 'bus gate' gennepher there wasn't an obvious sign...in fact I didn't see any roadside warning...now I know why it's painted on the actual road I can see it in the photos they have sent but couldn't see it on the road...what pains me is if someone were being robbed/assaulted or harassed they wouldn't capture that...there's no money in it...I have read up about this particular one numerous complaints and apparently the local council are raking the money in...in the first six weeks there were 12.500 tickets handed out netting them £120K

Reactions: Viv19

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
here is a hug for the Busgate notices. We don't have those here that I know of but I believe single drivers can get ticketed for driving in the carpool lane when alone in their cars.
Just replied to gennepher above Saskia pointing out in it's first six weeks in operation it recouped 120K in fines...did a bit of further research in it's two years in operation it's brought in over 2 million pounds in fines...so it's a real money spinner for the local authority.

Viv19

I'm now goin ta learn Suffolk. Quite fluent in Norfolk from 4 years teaching there but these guys are some rum coves . They have evolved to be highly adept at taking one's money almost invisibly. I am told Sundays are very quiet apart from a weird rusting and chinking sound which lasts for hours. Apparently it emanates from counting money. Removing mattresses is apparently compulsory but must only be done in secret by the oldest male. @SaskiaKC a sturdy stick is essential as rats can be vicious when cornered - some of their tweets are noxious rambling on about me and my squad going back to where I come from.

ter lern Sarrfoirk

Reactions: gennepher

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:
Reactions: Viv19 and Debandez

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had never heard of a 'bus gate' gennepher there wasn't an obvious sign...in fact I didn't see any roadside warning...now I know why it's painted on the actual road I can see it in the photos they have sent but couldn't see it on the road...what pains me is if someone were being robbed/assaulted or harassed they wouldn't capture that...there's no money in it...I have read up about this particular one numerous complaints and apparently the local council are raking the money in...in the first six weeks there were 12.500 tickets handed out netting them £120K
That sounds really bad.
Something must be done.

>^..^<

Reactions: jjraak and Debandez

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Something must be done.
It's everywhere gennepher...once they start raising money there's little you can do to stop it...I'm due back in West Bromwich in August I shall take great care & some of my own photographs...I'm suspicious the one I went in to is not adequately marked...so watch this space.

Reactions: geefull and Viv19

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone. It’s journey time again today. Taking mum to the airport for her 0900 flight home tomorrow morning.
We are breaking up the journey at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park - think a horde of statues stolen during the Roman Conquests - but in Yorkshire, and in a park - and free to get in - and in plain sight, and - so forget the Roman horde - more of a hoard really, although there is a horde.

So, the wonder wheel of driving round the North Yorkshire Moors and cooing at an art exhibition entitled “The Lost Words” gave a sophisticated 5.1 at 0550 when I dragged my carcass out of it’s warm and cozy cocoon and dashed across the landing.

For art and poetry lovers the link for the exhibition is here: https://www.northyorkmoors.org.uk/visiting/see-and-do/inspired-by-gallery/the-lost-words
Contained within are some download links to some interesting educational resources for students of all ages

Have a great day if you can

What a wonderful program idea! I am really glad you posted about it here. I enjoyed reading about it. Thanks. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just replied to gennepher above Saskia pointing out in it's first six weeks in operation it recouped 120K in fines...did a bit of further research in it's two years in operation it's brought in over 2 million pounds in fines...so it's a real money spinner for the local authority.

Sounds like speed traps in small towns where the local cops are out to ticket anyone driving through with a license plate from a big city. I get that some of the little towns are so broke they don't have enough in the coffers to pay the police let alone fund the local schools, but setting up speed traps to ticket "rich" outsiders seems a bit like "legal" highwaymanship to me ...